40 hours (shift work)
Here at Yodel, we handle thousands of parcels every day – and that makes for some great job opportunities for people with excellent admin skills and a real desire to put the customer at the heart of everything we do.
We are recruiting for a Multi Skilled Engineer to join our Engineering team at our Hatfield Distribution Centre. The key purpose for this role is to support the provision of engineering services in order to maintain and support the Mechanical Handling Equipment and associated machinery/equipment on site at Hatfield, to maximise operational efficiency and ensure continuous availability for production.
• Rectification of engineering breakdowns and technical support.
• Specialist equipment knowledge required, coupled with individual flexibility, in order to facilitate breakdown rectification & repair as well as a high degree of planned preventative maintenance.
• Extensive mechanical, electrical and PLC fault diagnosis on several different system types.
• Work as part of the engineering team in order to promote best practice and give continuous & sustained reliability to production.
• Work toward and achieve agreed performance criteria as part of the departmental and site SLA’s and Tabs KPI’s.
• Undertake preventative maintenance work completing to the highest standards, as scheduled within given time frames, whilst maintaining accurate records of all maintenance actions.
• Offer engineering support to the relevant level at all times, to meet both the performance criteria required and to maintain manufacturer’s standards in order to facilitate full production schedules.
• Ensure all engineering issues have a minimal impact on production, whilst supporting and maintaining the MHE throughout operational hours.
• Support all process control procedures in place and ensure all documentation is updated and made available at all times.
• Support the repair/installation of facilities equipment i.e. lighting, heating etc.
• Adhere to the application of safe working practice throughout day-to-day engineering activities and in areas of high specialisation.
• Promote health and safety to others and teach others when bad practise is recognised.
• Work assigned is via the CMMS system (TABS) to deal with reactive jobs regarding faulty equipment or complete scheduled PPMs.
The successful applicant will have the following qualities:
• Time served in a mechanical and electrical discipline with a recognised apprenticeship, BTEC HNC standard or equivalent qualification.
• Computer literate.
• Fully experienced in both mechanical and electrical fault diagnosis.
• Knowledge of PLC based control systems Desirable.
• Parcel industry (or similar) experience.
• BS:7671 Rev 2011 17th Edition wiring regulations certificate.
• Willing to work up to heights of 25 metres.
• Knowledge of safe working practices.
• Knowledge of site, systems and practices gained ‘on the job’ through experience.
Saturday and Sunday work will be required at business peak times. Engineers operate a 3 shift pattern 06:00 to 14:00 14:00 to 22:00 22:00 to 06:00 covering days and nights to provide operational support and undertake PPM.
During busy periods and when the site works extended hours the pressure to get breakdowns resolved quickly increases and the window to carry out repairs and PPMs decreases thus making the Engineering tasks more difficult.
If you are ambitious, open minded, thrive on challenges and enjoy working together as part of a team, we want you to be part of the Yodel story!