Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer is required for a world leader in Luton, Bedfordshire. As a Senior QA you will be working alongside other QA’s, developers, products owners, products managers and IT Operations in an Agile product team. The role will involve creating test cases and automating these tests where possible to enable delivery.
As a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer you will:
- Undertake software testing for relevant products and systems under the ownership of your agile team.
- Own, drive and improve the testing processes within team following Agile methodology
- Design, create, run and maintain manual and automated functional and non-functional tests
- Identify defects and write clear and reproducible bug reports
- Share knowledge and know-how inside and outside the team
- Work in an Agile and fast-paced environment in a cross-functional team
- Mentor less experienced team members
- Share the best QA practises with QA and Product Development community within the company
- To work without direct supervision and to resolve day to day problems.
- To comply with Company policies and procedures
- To carry out any reasonable project work / ad hoc task as requested by line management
To attend training and development as required
Educated to degree level or equivalent, ISQTB (industry standard testing qualification) at Intermediate or Advanced level an advantage, Have a deep understanding of how QA role fits within Agile Software development, Experienced in using different testing techniques, approaches and types, Interested in manual and automated testing, experienced in creating test documentation
Self-organised, attentive to details, proactive, curious and creative
The following experience would be beneficial Software testing framework Selenium, testing RDBMS environments e.g.MS SQL Server, IBM DB2, MySql, Behaviour-driven development (BDD), Cucumber and / or Specflow, Object orientated programming, prefer Java or C# or both, XML & JSON and Azure DevOps.
Company offers a pension scheme with up to 8% contribution 25 days holiday plus 8 days bank holidays life assurance, childcare vouchers, free parking and working hours are 35 hours per week.