Senior Integration Technician - Audio Visual
Senior Integration Technician
Our client are a successful Audio Visual Installation and Rental company, providing a large range of audio visual equipment & services into various market sectors across the UK.
The main purpose of the role is to work closely with the Project Managers and fellow Technicians to install audio visual solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Working closely with the Project Manager (PM) and wider integration team, to ensure that installations are carried out within the specified time-frame, using industry best practice and working to ISO standards and guidelines.
• Ability to work upon instruction from PM
• Ability to challenge methodology as appropriate
• Responsible for ensuring quality of installations, including cable runs, terminations, cable management, equipment mounting, labelling etc
• To take pride in workmanship
• Interpreting space and design specs and ensuring they match design criteria
• Creative problem solving on projects in conjunction with the PM
• Providing feedback to the PM regarding specific installation and client issues on site.
• Mentorship of Junior Team Members and reinforcement of Safe and Good Practice
• Upholding the client’s name on Client Sites and other Public Spaces
• Any other duties as required
A broad experience of the following is required:
• Rack building/pre-wire
• Build structure to hang AV equipment consistent with industry safety standards
• Install LED Screens, Video Walls and Flat Panel Displays, Projectors etc
• Installing AV Control systems, e.g. Crestron, Polycom, VC etc
• Install audio equipment, speakers, microphones etc
• Solder AV connectors, terminate shielded category cable
• Structured cabling which includes pulling, terminating and testing all cable and wiring associated with audio/video cables
• Experience working on construction sites
• Manual handling tasks will be required when necessary for moving equipment
• Ability to read schematics
• Attention to detail
• Reading and interpreting schematics and other systems design drawings
• Conduct terminations in accordance with system diagrams
• Effective liaison with PM and Jr Tech
• Good communication skills
• Creative problem solving in conjunction with the PM
• Competently wire 13amp IEC connectors and plugs
• Pride in workmanship
• ISO Quality standards
• Flexibility and ability to work to tight deadlines
Hours are based on 37.5hrs between 08.00 - 18:00, Monday to Friday. Occasional Out of Hours, Weekend and BH work may be expected to meet Project deliverables
Salary and Benefits
Subject to experience and qualification, with opportunity for O/T earnings as applicable.