Technical Services Manager / Service Desk Manager
Technical Services Manager / Service Desk Manager – Stockport (with regular travel to The Wirral)
3-6 Month Contract - £300 - £450 per day
Monday to Friday – 08:30 – 17:30
Reed Technology are working with an established IT and Telecoms Service Provider based in Stockport and we are looking for an experienced Technical Services Manager / Service Desk Manager to join the company on a 3-6 month contract working from 2 of the company’s sites in Stockport and The Wirral.
We are looking for someone with extensive experience in managing projects and setting up processes to ensure a smooth running of the technical support department. It is also essential that you have experience working in an MSP / reseller environment with both the knowledge and understanding of delivering service to external customers.
You will be leading a team of 8 in providing support across the full product portfolio, which includes:
• IT Infrastructure – Networks, Desktop/Server, Office 365, Sophos Security, Back-up
• Telecoms – Hosted and on-premise telephone systems, traditional fixed lines and SIP connectivity, broadband and leased line data connectivity.
Essential Skills & Experience:
• Leading service desk and project engineers to deliver IT infrastructure / telecoms services to external SME customers.
• Extensive direct line management of technical teams, including recruiting, training and developing through coaching and mentoring.
• Designing service delivery and quality management models.
• Full driving licence
• Networking - firewall rules, LAN, WAN and VLAN configuration & Microsoft Office 365 installation, configuration, data migration, administration
• Internet connectivity (ADSL, Fibre, Leased Line & MPLS)
• Windows Server 2008 / 2012, Windows Desktop 7 / 8 / 10
• Network and Software Security Information security and risk management – back-up and storage
• Internet Information Services Administration
• Exchange administration, Managing Active Directory & Group Policy
• Hypervisor Technology – VMWare & Hyper V
• Traditional fixed line and IP telephony (BT Open Reach, Gamma SIP)
• Onsite PBX and Hosted Telephone Systems
• Sharepoint Administration / development
• Microsoft Azure
• Draytech/Zyzel/ Cisco Meraki hardware
You may have worked as one of the following: IT Manager, Technical Services Manager, Helpdesk Manager, Service Desk Manager, Technical Support Manager, IT Infrastructure Manager, IT Director, Head of IT.
We are looking for someone ASAP so apply now for immediate consideration.