Senior Assistant Manager Retail
Are you a dynamic individual who wants to grow in a company that actively supports your development?
Do you want to play a key part in motivating and developing a high performing team?
Do you have experience working in hospitality or retail and are passionate about customer service?
If you answered yes to these questions, Majestic Wine would love to hear from you!
Majestic Wine are seeking to recruit a vibrant, people focused Retail Senior Assistant Manager in our thriving Brighton store who’s excited about developing a career in retail. Gone are the days where retail has to be boring and buying wine is a stuffy industry just for the rich and famous! Majestic Wine is all about customer experience and what better way to engage with customers than opening a bottle at our tasting counter? We need someone who is full of energy, good at building relationships and can provide our customers with a super service.
Brighton is a thriving store with high sales forecast and a collaborative team.
The ideal applicant will possess the ability to maintain excellent customer service whilst balancing the operational needs of the store. A focus on maintaining excellent store standards is also important here. The successful candidate will maximise the sales opportunity in every transaction and be able to effectively use their product knowledge to grow sales. Embracing Company initiatives will be essential to continue growth from the well-established customer base.
We are looking for a real team player who isn’t afraid to roll their sleeves up and lead by example. We want someone who takes pride in engaging, motivating and developing a high performing team and can see the value in doing their best, so together, the whole team succeeds.
Who are Majestic?
Retail is in a period of change and you’re joining a company which has set out a long term vision to be at the forefront of those changes! Majestic is a forward-thinking business, one in which we are revolutionising the way people experience and buy wine and it is an incredibly exciting time for the business and for real go-getters to be part of an amazing opportunity to be a part of something truly unique.
Majestic Wine are the largest wine specialist in the UK with over 200 stores, as well as a very significant online presence and megastores in Calais, France. Following the merger between Naked Wines and Majestic, CEO Rowan Gormley has set the wheels in motion to transform the business into a new kind of retailer - we want to be the definition of experiential retail, a retailer that is truly loved by it's customers. Our vision is to prove the value of face to face wine retail because, as far as we’re aware, you cannot taste wine online.
Why work for Majestic?
- Free WSET Qualifications - All our staff receive free product training. So you don't have to have product knowledge, but definitely a hunger to learn all about wine!
- A Dynamic Culture - You’ll have the chance to work in an exciting, busy environment with a culture that genuinely rewards hard work
- Corking Colleagues - Work within a team who are passionate about wine, providing excellent customer service and most importantly fun to be around!
With the help of our fantastic Training and Development team, we have a clear career pathway for everyone in Retail. You bring the dedication and commitment to succeed, we’ll fill in the blanks in your wine knowledge, and with the right training and development, within 12 months (or sooner) you could be running your very own Majestic Wine business as a Store Manager.
The nice added extras...
- A 20% staff discount on everything in store, which you can share with two of your family or friends
- Store bonus schemes, so you can earn more on top of your salary
- The potential to become a Majestic Business Partner, earning a salary of up to fifty thousand pounds OTE
- Fantastic incentives that take you around the world to explore our different vineyards
- Free shares, so you can share in the success of the business
- A contributory Company Pension Plan
- Life Assurance (Worth 3 times your annual salary).
- 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays.
- PLUS invites to wine tasting events
- PLUS free lunch Fridays (if you hit your weekly targets!)
The Retail Assistant Manager Role:
- Enjoy drinking wine and have a desire to increase your wine knowledge
- Have experience in a management position within retail or hospitality
- Be over 20 years old and hold a valid manual driving license for at least 12 months
Key Responsibilities of a Retail Assistant Manager:
- Working as the right-hand person to the Store Manager
- Managing the training & development of your team - using your experience to make Trainee Managers / Sales Assistants be the best they can be and keeping them on top of their game
- Stock Control - ensuring the shelves are fully stocked with the best wine for your customers
- Visual Merchandising - keeping the store looking great and attractive to customers
- Customer Service - delivering and facilitating a 5* customer service experience
- Leading from the front - using great coaching and management skills to develop your team
- Be a Wine Specialist - help our customers discover and buy wines they’ll absolutely love
If you are passionate about growing and developing as a Retail Senior Assistant Manager in a successful business who genuinely care about their people… please do apply for Brighton today!
* Majestic Wine reserves the right to shortlist and appoint suitable candidates before the advert deadline date *