Senior Commercial Analyst
IT and Infrastructure company in Hampshire are looking for a Commercial Specialist to assist with projects related to a number of FTSE 250 clients.
Anyone from a commercial, pricing, contracts or procurement background will be considered as long as you can fulfil the responsibilities below and also have some experience in an IT / Infrastructure company or role.
Within this role you will provide Commercial and Contractual control and Governance of all Projects from receipt of clients RFP to agreement of Final Account, including managing Procurement of Products, Sub-Contract Labour and other providers of resources. Liaise with Customers, Suppliers, Senior Management and other stakeholders within the Farnborough office.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Preparation and submission of Variation Quotations
• Prepare and agree final accounts with clients
• Review RFQ T&Cs and negotiate with clients or advise internal stakeholders, e.g. account managers, estimating, commercial manger.
• Manage Procurement, including agreement of T&Cs with Sub-Contractors and suppliers.
• Continuously strive for better pricing when procuring products or resources.
• Provide support and guidance to the 'Commercial Assistant’ to ensure that they efficiently and effectively carry out the duties detailed under their respective Job Descriptions.
• Provide Commercial and Contractual Support to the Commercial Manager and other Senior Management. and provide reports as and when required.
• Provide Various Commercial reports to the Commercial Manager and other Senior Management in line with an agreed time table and as when requested from time to time.
• Provide Commercial and Contractual Support to the Operational Team to ensure strict compliance with processes and procedures.
• Provide Commercial and Contractual Support to the Operational Team to ensure strict control of cost and invoicing to facilitate Maximum Margins.
• Provide Commercial and Contractual Support to the Operational Team to ensure they are not compromised with clients and suppliers and ensure they comply with all applicable Commercial/Contractual legislation.
• Arrange regular P&L reviews with operational stakeholders to ensure strict control of cost and invoicing, issue P&L reports to senior management and ensure any actions emanating from the P&L reviews are completed in timeously.
• Work with the Commercial and operational teams in the monitoring of contract budgets and reporting significant cost and billing variations to the senior management as works progresses.
• Liaise with the Commercial Manager and others responsible for credit control to assist in escalating late payment with clients to ensure earliest payment.
• Continuously review and seek more efficient methods of carrying out the above tasks and particularly those tasks carried out by the aforesaid Commercial Team members.
• Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge, techniques and skills
• Use Company tools and systems in achieving the above tasks, and update relevant information held on these systems where required.