User Acceptance Tester
Here at TUI, within e-Commerce we strive to deliver the best possible experience to customers interacting with us via our digital platforms, whilst ensuring conversion is both protected and enriched. Improving and optimising the customer’s digital journey via a continuous and stable programme of change is integral to achieving this.
The role of the User Acceptance Tester is vital to safeguarding our customers’ overall digital experience; from both a customer front-end and business user perspective. By understanding all proposed changes in order to prepare and execute the necessary test coverage; you will ensure delivery of requirements and mitigate any potential negative impact to Production.
What you will be doing
Reporting to a Digital Quality UAT Lead and following either Agile or Waterfall methodology, you will be required to provide UAT coverage for deliverables across a wide range of applications and digital platforms such as desktop, mobile, tablet and Apps.
Actively working with the necessary Business and IT stakeholders, you will ensure the requirements and impact of deliverables are fully understood – placing the customer and protection of conversion forefront – and any gaps are identified early. This will enable you to deliver clearly defined test cases which are peer-reviewed and agreed prior to execution. Engagement with your IT Test colleagues is key to ensuring coverage (both manual and automation) is optimal and duplication is minimised.
Forming part of our e-Commerce Division, you will need to have an understanding of multiple departmental functions such as SEO, Merchandising, Digital Analytics and Site Optimisation in order to support or provide business-user test coverage for changes which may impact them.
You will be required to follow aligned formats, processes and prioritisation for test case and defect management; providing regular test execution and defect reports to the UAT Lead, as well producing Test Entry and Sign-off documents. To ensure accuracy of information, it’s essential you attend the necessary meetings in order to remain engaged and updated throughout the life-cycle of the deliverable.
Co-ordinating with the UAT Lead, you will facilitate a constant channel of communication, ensuring all necessary business and test teams remain engaged and up-to-date with regards to the programme of change.
Following successful execution and sign-off within a test environment, you will support implementation into Production via go-live testing; providing assurance to the UAT Lead that the delivered changes meet the specified business needs.
As part of our strategy to deliver continuous improvement, you will also be required to look for new and innovative means to improve the efficiency of current ways of working.
What we are looking for
- An ambitious individual with proven experience in a testing role and a good understanding of e-Commerce. An analytical skill set would be beneficial, preferably with experience in web analytics.
- Knowledge of development/project life cycle, alongside Agile and Waterfall methodology.
- Someone who is customer-centric and passionate about continuous improvement in order to drive a best-in-class digital customer experience.
- The ability to manage your own time in a demanding, time-critical role and work comfortably within an environment of ambiguity and a high degree of complexity.
- Strong organisational skills with a great attention to detail and appreciation of auditing and reporting capability.
- Ability to engage stakeholders, influence behaviour and change opinions based on business knowledge and competence.
- Willingness to work flexible hours (the successful candidate will need to work early mornings to support Production go-live implementation).
Additional skills which are desirable but not mandatory:
- Previous experience working with TUI UK and Ireland mainstream IT and business systems.
- Experience with test automation methodologies.
- Basic familiarity with automation frameworks and latest industry trends.
- Some familiarity with mobile application frameworks and testing, as well as mobile browser technologies.
Working within TUI group
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the UK’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It’s our people that make us number one.
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.
Please Note : This is a salary based position and not a day rate offering.