R&D Electronics Engineer junior / graduate
Electronics R&D Engineer (Graduate / Junior)
Location: Near Bristol, North Somerset UK
Employment Type: Permanent
Salary: 25k to 35k
Conventus Solutions are currently seeking a talented Electronics based, Research and Development Graduate / Junior R&D Electronics Engineer, to join our Clients' outstanding Technical Consultancy. You will join a dynamic team, harnessing the collective power of science, technology, innovation and talent to deliver world class research and development in leading edge technologies.
The team use a broad spectrum of skills namely:
Analogue, Digital, Embedded, Modelling, Simulation, Design, Build, Test, Data Capture and Control, Altium Software, RF, Microwave, AI, Machine-learning, Semiconductors, PCB Schematics, GNU Radio, Microcontrollers, in a rapid prototyping environment.
With onsite lab facilities you will be able to experiment, build and test products generally within TRL levels 2-6 for Defence and Security customers.
You will be challenged to solve problems using your free-thinking, innovative and inquisitive nature and utilising your skills and knowledge, continually learning in emerging technologies in areas such as Software Radio, Aduino Sensor Technologies, SMART Machines, IoT, Connected Environments and Virtual & Augmented Realities.
Solutions you provide will push the boundaries of science and engineering and will introduce new techniques to the research and development of leading-edge sensors to meet client needs.
Successful candidates will be educated to degree-level or above in Electronic Engineering, Physics or Computer Science.
- Residency in the South West, or a willingness to relocate to the South West is essential.
- British National with British National ancestry.
Experience that would be useful includes:
- Modern equipment techniques and controlled tear-down
- Radio Frequency design/build/test
- Development of software to support the laboratory use of equipment
- Ability to work from formal Requirement and Design Documents
- Production of prototype and pre-production models of equipment
- Executing Trials to demonstrate the effectiveness of equipment.
- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic R&D, rapid prototyping, multi-project team.
This opportunity is not to be missed if you want to work within a dynamic, highly skilled team performing interesting and challenging work in a rapidly growing organisation. The company offer organic career growth, are friendly and flexible, with a non-bureaucratic approach to the working day in modern, fully facilitated premises easily accessible by train or car.
Apply immediately to Kerrigan Briffitt or email: