Mechanical Design Engineer
Role: Mechanical Design Engineer
Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
A unique specialist manufacturing company seek a Mechanical design engineer to join a team with a multitude of experience.
Do you thrive in fast-paced projects, working concept to production? Are you experienced in the design of machine tooling? Do you like the idea of working in a long established company providing to a world market?
If so, this is a great opportunity to further hone your skills and grow within this seasoned environment.
The ideal Mechanical Design Engineer will have experience in machine tools design (CNC machinery) and excellent skills in 3D CAD Design.
- Create designs from concept to drawings
- Redevelop drawing formats using Inventor (preferred) /Solidworks CAD system database to standardise drawings.
- Improve existing designs to achieve the use of common components whilst improving quality, reducing assembly times and cost.
- Design products including sub-assemblies, fixtures, and tooling.
- Design of hydraulic and pneumatic systems etc.
- 3D Modelling and Drafting on Autodesk Inventor 2015
- Create drawings of manufactured components and castings.
The ideal Mechanical Design Engineer will possess skills and experience with some/all of the following:
- A strong background in 3D Cad Design, FEA, GD&T experience within the design of machine tools.
- Experience in selecting motors, calculating inertia.
- HNC, HND or Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Thrive of working in demanding surrounds, whilst achieving results and output to a quality standard.
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your details on our talent management system to consider you for future opportunities.