Non-Executive Director - Training Sector Experience Essential
Location: London (N7)
Contract Type: 2 years fixed
We are a training provider that delivers endorsed and accredited, vocational learning online to train individual learners and organisations. Our courses encompass Employability Skills, Employment Support, Construction, Healthcare and Employee Health, Safety & Wellbeing.
Our investment in 'state of the art technology’ means that we can offer clients and learners an unparalleled online experience across a range of internet-enabled devices. Our courses are accessible and intuitive; being digitally inclusive, they offer the optimal learning experience for learners of all abilities.
We are constantly developing new courses to add to the portfolio using drivers such as client requirements, market sector demand, new/changing legislation to focus our development resources.
We are a relatively small business but with big ambitions, well everyone has to start somewhere! The company expects to double its revenues over the 2019/20 FY and our three-year vision will see the company grow exponentially.
In order to achieve our vision and ambitious growth plans we seek to appoint a Non-Executive Director to complement our existing Board of three Executive Directors.
The Role - Non-Executive Director:
As a member of the Board the Non-Executive Director (NED) contributes to the effectiveness of the Board.
Main duties/key skills:
- Providing independent oversight
- Constructive challenge
- Industry know-how/insights to the Executive Directors
- Contribute to the company’s strategic plan and vision
- Working closely with the Board to help it achieve the company’s objectives and targets
- Ensure the Executive observe appropriate governance arrangements in the execution of their corporate and statutory responsibilities
About the role:
- The position will initially be a two-year appointment
- We invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals who can make a positive and lasting contribution to the success of the business
- We are particularly interested in hearing from candidates with a proven track record of success at a senior level in general and/or commercial management preferably within the training sector
- Experience of online training provision would be advantageous
- Ideally, you will have an in-depth knowledge of the training industry, commercial or operational experience in delivering qualifications
- exposure to awarding bodies would be desirable as would be experience of blended learning solutions
You will be required to attend a Board meeting once a month and a quarterly Strategic Planning Meeting once a quarter. Candidates should reside within easy commuting distance of North London.
The role initially, is non-remunerated. All allowable expenses incurred in performing the Non-Executive Director duties will be fully reimbursed.
To apply to our vacancy as a Non-Executive Director, please click Apply and submit a copy of your CV and covering letter for consideration.
We look forward to hearing from you.