Duty Manager - Dudley
Job Title: DUTY MANAGER
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000
Our client is looking to recruit a Duty Manager who will be supporting the Store Manager in managing, controlling and developing the business to maximise sales and achieve agreed sales and profit targets.
- Assisting the Store Manager in leading, motivating, guiding and encouraging individuals and teams to achieve sales/profit targets.
- Recruitment for Cash & Carry Assistants positions in line with policies and procedures.
- Inducting and training new staff in the store and developing team to full potential.
- Dealing with unsatisfactory performance.
- Ensuring all staff are aware of sales goals and targets.
- Encouraging staff to put forward ideas and suggestions.
- Regularly communicating relevant staff matters to the Store Manager.
- Fostering a culture of safety awareness and ensuring compliance with Company Policy and Systems on Health & Safety.
- The security of premises, stock, cash and computers.
- Building and car park maintenance.
- Efficient store administration procedures.
- Ensuring that all store procedures and systems, as detailed on the Intranet e.g. Till Procedures, Banking, Stock management are carried out/completed as per Company standard.
- Ensuring that all merchandising/displays/stock/shelves are clean and tidy in accordance with Company standards.
- Ensuring that effective stock rotation is carried out.
- Ensuring that all stock coding and pricing are correct.
- Allocating aisle responsibilities to each team member.
- Proactively managing the stock system ensuring all team members are fully trained and competent.
- Ensuring that high levels of customer service are maintained.
- Ensuring the effective deployment of staff.
- Seeking and obtaining feedback from customers on service levels
- Ensuring sales areas are appropriately merchandised
- Regularly reviewing stock profiles to ensure they meet customer demands and that the store is performing to the Company stock management standards and procedures
- Ensuring the team is motivated, confident and knowledgeable in delivering the Capital brand and vision "Every Customer Will Recommend Us".
- Ensuring all staff answer the telephone in a polite and courteous manner within the Company guidelines
- Effectively resolving customer complaints in line with Company policy & procedures.
- Identifying and generating new business by creating sales opportunities in order to achieve and improve upon sales targets, including exclusive product lines.
- Understanding and being fully knowledgeable about the market, existing customers, potential customers and the activities of competitors.
- Initiating local promotional activity.
- Establishing and developing good relationships with key customers & colleges.
- Obtaining feedback on sales initiatives and customer service and putting forward ideas to improve the business and overall sales.
- Maintaining Company merchandising and presentation standards (Visual Thinking).
- Promoting the Privilege Points Scheme.
- Developing sales of salon furniture and assisting with the care and maintenance.
- Supporting the Store Manager in ensuring the full salon design service is offered to customers and to follow up on any quotes and leads.
- Promoting and selling customer training courses and special events.
For more information please contact Angela Potter at Clearline Recruitment.