Senior Internal Auditor
My client is a multinational FMCG company with offices in Canary Wharf. The internal audit function has a very good reputation in the business, and this is a newly created position to join an existing team of 3. Reporting to the Internal Audit Director, you will play a key role in the planning, execution and reporting process of internal assignments for entities across the EMEA business. Specifically:
- Assist in the development and execution of the Internal Audit Plan including identifying strategy, scope, risk and development of audit schedules and programs
- Undertake audit fieldwork from planning to completion stages
- Operate across European locations, involving trips of up to 1 week away
- Perform quarterly internal audit follow up reviews of the audit actions to ensure management's adherence to key actions within the agreed timetable
- Support the preparation and presentation of the Audit Committee report pack
- Provide support on special projects as requested by the Director of Internal Audit
- Promote best practice to improve Governance and the Internal Control Environment across the Group
Longer term, you may be promoted to Internal Audit Manager as the team expands further, or choose to explore a move into the finance or operations teams, which are also based in the London office.
The successful candidate will be ACA / ACCA recently qualified with either Big 4 external audit, or in-house internal audit experience. You'll have strong written and communication skills, together with initiative to work independently when required. Please note that you must be eligible to work in the UK in order to apply (the company can not provide sponsorship).