Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 per annum plus car and commission
Based in the Midlands and focused on proactively generating new sales of innovative surface treatment products and processes. We are seeking a new Sales Engineer with excellent sales experience with a hunger to achieve targets and develop relationships with a wide variety of clients across different sectors.
Essential to the role is a relevant technical and commercial background in plant/capital equipment. We are looking for an extremely motivated, self-starter, who can manage their own diary and sales activity. This Sales Engineer role is a customer facing role, establishing new relationships and growing the existing customer base.
The role of Sales Engineer will include the following:
- Identify and cultivate new business prospects in existing, adjacent, and new market areas
- Maintain and develop existing accounts, and key contact relationships, to optimise potential sales - through clear understanding of current and future requirements
- Identify, establish and professionally promote the benefits and distinct competitive advantages
- Proactively identify new prospective customers/accounts/application areas
- Provide excellent customer service to all internal and external customers
The suitable candidate for Sales Engineer will need to possess the following competences:
- Strong technical sales background with a minimum of 5 year's experience.
- Ideally with technical and commercial experience in a plant/capital equipment sales environment - ideally chemical process plant - or similar technical sales role
- Technically competent with a good engineering background - Mechanical or Chemical preferred.
- Able to initiate, progress, and close business through relationship building, account management, and compelling proposal creation.
- Self-driven and motivated to proactively prospect and qualify new business opportunities
- Enthusiastic and ambitious, on upward career path seeking new professional and/or personal development opportunity
Demand for this role will undoubtedly be high and interviews will be arranged very soon. If you have knowledge of plant/capital equipment and have commercial/sales experience and you want to be considered, please apply today. If you have any questions about the Sales Engineer role, please contact Ed Smith at Jonathan Lee Recruitment on or email .