3rd Line / Technical Manager
The role requires a mixture of technical and people management experience.
You will be responsible for managing the technical support and implementation of projects both internal and customer IT infrastructure. You would also manage the team of engineers to ensure the required SLAs are delivered and act as technical expert in support of the team
Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure for all customers
Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools, and all hardware when required
Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability both internal and customer.
- Manage core helpdesk function to ensure the required SLAs are delivered and act as technical expert in support of the team
- Assist in the Sales process and attend meetings with potential customers when required
- Liaise with customers to propose solutions and upgrades where required
- Network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Manage the RMM and helpdesk solutions in place working with suppliers where required to implement the solutions
- Internal systems, cloud and network infrastructure.
- Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
- Virtualization technologies: VMware, Microsoft, etc.
- Cloud technologies: Office 365, Google G Suite, Cloud Backup etc.
- Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, etc.
- Remote monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications
- Work on escalated support issues for customer and internal issues
- Perform network assessments, security audits and new client consultations
- Participate in the administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review
- Work with Sales Team to Engineer projects, identify new products and solutions, and research solutions for existing clients
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Be available for other engineers and coach them to resolution