Infrastructure Manager vacancy in Birmingham
£40,000 - £42,000 per annum plus 28 days annual leave and company pension scheme
Hays IT are working with a large well known public sector organisation in Birmingham City Centre to recruit an Infrastructure Manager on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be joining this organisation at an exciting time as their IT department is going through a parallel transformation with a new vision, strategy and purpose as strategic enabler to the organisation.
Our client has exciting plans for this year, which include a whole organisation device replacement programme, migration to Windows 10 and Office 2016, extend our Azure and Office 365 services, introduce SharePoint, augment our Intelligent Communications systems, upgrade most of the core business applications, and more.
About the role:
You will lead for the Infrastructure Team, as the subject matter expert in all aspects related to the organisation's technology infrastructure design and development, and report to the Deputy Director (Infrastructure). In the absence of the Deputy Director, the Infrastructure Manager is responsible for the Infrastructure & Security section of the IT department, including all strategic matters.
The IT Infrastructure team are responsible for all aspects of the IT infrastructure, including all on-premise datacentres and related operational services, all servers both on-premise and in-cloud, all connectivity, including wired, wireless, and mobile networks, printing, video conferencing, telephony services, communication, collaboration, file management and all databases.
The design of the technology infrastructure is critical to the successful effective operation of all technology-based systems. The Infrastructure Manager is the subject-matter expert for all aspects related to technology infrastructure, and through their expertise, the design and development of the technology infrastructure is shaped. The Infrastructure Manager is an expert in all cloud and on-premise infrastructure and related strategies and working closely with the Deputy Director and the wider IT Infrastructure team, understands how to adopt different approaches to deliver effectively when requirements are expressed and implicit.
In order to apply, you must meet the following criteria:
* "Expert" knowledge of all matters related to technology infrastructure, including but not limited to, cloud, server, database, virtualisation, storage, operating systems and connectivity.
* "Expert" in more than one of the following: Secure Systems design, Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud hosting experience, Desktop & Server OS, Database, OS Support, Storage/SANs & Backup/Recovery, Security, High Availability/Business Continuity
* "Expert" technical understanding of Microsoft on-premise and cloud-technologies (including Azure, SharePoint, Dynamics and Office 365).
* Sound understanding of network configuration, security and security: infrastructure, application, virtualisation.
* Sound understanding of DNS hosting and network configuration.
* Sound understanding of general principles of mobile device management, configuration and encryption technologies.
* Knowledge and experience of utilising at least one best practice service management framework, to develop a value-adding approach to the delivery of IT infrastructure which is pragmatic and appropriate to the organisation.
* Working towards or holder of expert-level, industry-recognised qualifications in IT Infrastructure, customer service and/or management.
* Experience of leading a team in a previous role.
* Educated to bachelor's degree level or higher or equivalent experience.
The successful candidate will have access to a wide range of benefits including:
* Generous annual leave and company pension scheme
* Flexible working to support staff with their work/life balance, taking into account things such as caring responsibilities, worship and attendance at religious festivals
* Enhanced paid maternity, paternity and adoption leave
* Season ticket and cycle to work loans
* Paid volunteering leave
If you have the relevant experience and would like to apply, please submit your CV.