Listed on the London Stock Exchange, this leading energy company with offices throughout the UK is seeking an experienced Accountant for their offices in Reading, Berkshire.
The Accountant will be responsible for the execution of comprehensive general accounting and period closing activities.
The successful Accountant will be responsible for supporting the Finance Manager to provide the accurate and timely execution of general accounting, period end closing, reporting activities and delivery of
reporting information to the wider Finance community.
A high level of flexibility and adaptability is essential as is being proactive with a hands-on approach.
- P&L preparation & BS reconciliations
- Management Reporting
- Review mid month and month end journals
- Statutory Reporting
- Regulatory and Other Reporting
- Fixed Assets
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- Project Work
- Process improvement
- Qualified with a professional accounting body (e.g. CIMA, ACCA, ACA, or
- Supervisory experience preferred but not essential
- Excellent communication skills, confident, clear, concise and professional
- Ability to work unsupervised and deliver high quality work to tight deadlines
- Good knowledge of core financial systems and general accounting procedures
- Awareness of current regulations including IFRS / New UK GAAP and Companies Acts - desirable
- Proficient in MS Office applications (particularly Excel)
- Degree-level education or equivalent
- In depth knowledge of ERP software (Oracle desirable)
- Ideally with experience from a large organisation
Excellent benefits package - here's a few highlights
Generous holiday allowance (you can even buy additional holidays)
Great share plans
Group Pension Plan
One day paid volunteering
Tailored internal development opportunities
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.