Graduate Cover Supervisor - Kendal - Training provided
We are currently recruiting for Graduate Cover Supervisors to work in Secondary Schools located in Kendal and surrounding areas.
Graduate Cover Supervisor - Kendal - Secondary
- Cover Supervisor
- Ideal for graduates wanting to complete a PGCE
- Training provided
- Experienced professional with some teaching experience
- Opportunities in secondary schools in Kendal and surrounding areas
- Flexible working, daily supply
- Local work
- £60 -£80 per day depending on experience
We are currently recruiting for Graduate Cover Supervisors to support in Secondary Schools located in Kendal and the surrounding areas. Ideally you will have some knowledge of or experience of working in a school environment and classroom setting. We need professionals who are reliable and can cover daily sickness and absence cover within these schools.
You will be required to do the following;
- Supervise students in a classroom setting providing a safe and stable environment
- Students work is set and will be provided, it is your responsibility is to ensure that students are focused and remain on task.
- You will have the opportunity to work on a day to day basis in a range of secondary schools in your local area.
- You will need to demonstrate experience of either working in a school as a Cover Supervisor or provide evidence of working with students/teenagers in a community setting.
- You will need to demonstrate how you would hold a presence in the classroom in order to manage the student's behaviour. You must also be able to follow instruction and to also follow the schools policies and remain consistent with them.
This role would suit someone who is thinking of pursuing a career in teaching or someone who is currently a higher level teaching assistant and is looking to progress to the next stage. You will demonstrate a resilient nature and have a genuine passion to support pupil's learning and development; you will have a firm but fair approach and be someone who is looking for a challenge!
** Training Provided **
The courses include:
- Cover Supervisor Training - Level 1
- Effective listening in Schools
- Effective communication in Schools
- An Introduction to Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
- Safeguarding, Child Protection and Prevent
- Behaviour Management Training - Level 1
Veritas Education can offer you the following benefits:
- Competitive rates of pay of £60-£80 per day
- Short term and long-term vacancies suiting your needs
- 24/7 support and feedback from experienced Consultants
- Respected relationships with a vast selection of schools across Lancashire
- Cover Supervisor Training
- An attractive 'recommend a friend' scheme, for any referrals that you make to Veritas Education (£100)
- Veritas will arrange your clearance including Barred List Check, Qualifications Checks, References and Enhanced DBS
If you think this is the perfect role for you, please apply now with an up to date copy of your CV.
If you have any questions please contact Amy at Veritas on .
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'