Mechanical Design Engineer - Hydraulics
Mechanical Design Engineer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join a market leading engineering organisation who specialise in the design and manufacture of fluid power systems for an array of applications. The company currently lead the way in this particular technology and this is a key hire for the R&D team down on site, so they are looking for individuals with a passion for concept design and innovation.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will ideally be a graduate of mechanical engineering with at least a few years commercial experience under their belt in an industrial setting. This role is not just a CAD Engineering position, instead, this individual will be involved in concept design, new product development, as well as fault finding.
Mechanical Design Engineer Responsibilities/Requirements:
The role of the Mechanical Design Engineer will involve:
- To design mechanical systems including pumps, valves and hydraulics
- Participate in New Product Development activities
- Dealing with customer requirements
- Engineering change orders
- Full lifecycle design – concept, design, prototype, test and manufacture
- Engage in fault finding activities in order to iron out any issues with production
Mechanical Design Engineer requirements:
- Degree/HND Mechanical Engineering or related subject
- 3+ years commercial design experience in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems and associated components (pumps/valves/cylinders)
- Full lifecycle design
- Experience with a common 3D CAD package (SolidWorks, Creo or Inventor)
- Design of products for batch production (50 to 3000 units)
- GD&T, ASME Y14.5 and Tolerance Stack Analysis
Salary for this position is up to £40,000 + benefits depending on experience.
If this role is not what you're looking for don't worry. At X4 Engineering we cover all permanent and freelance positions, with specialist industry sector teams. You can check out all of our roles on our website and sign up for job alerts so you're the first to know about a new opportunity.
X4 Engineering is a specialist recruitment business for the engineering sector. We are part of the X4 Group, a multi-award-winning group of brands specialising in Life Sciences, Engineering, Construction and Technology, with over 10 years of experience in successfully placing mid to senior level contract and permanent professionals across the globe.
Our network of world class engineering talent sets us apart from the rest and allows us to deliver skilled professionals to our engineering partners across a number of industry sectors including Oil and Gas, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Chemical and Process, Defence, Medical, Food and FMCG.
We’re a result driven business and our team of specialist recruitment consultants continue to go above and beyond what’s expected to ensure our clients receive the highest ROI from their recruitment spend. We have partnerships with leading engineering companies all over the world and have made placements in over 13 countries across Europe and the US.