Prime appointments are currently recruiting for a Buying Assistant. Based in Halstead you will be responsible for; Loading, progressing and processing purchase and production orders. Ensuring that the materials/parts/products are supplied/ processed/ produced within the agreed deadlines, whilst also achieving maximum efficiency and maintaining optimum stock levels
- Understand the need to notify the Buyer at the earliest opportunity of any deterioration, misuse, damage or loss of machinery, equipment, furniture, or buildings.
- Liaise with production staff / drawing office to raise orders on manufacturing department and/or sub-contractors, according to the production schedule, customer requirements and/or availability of material and machinery.
- Help investigate and review discrepancies between physical and computer inventory.
- Monitor cost of materials, parts and products, carry out make-or-buy calculations so that items are purchased or produced at optimum cost.
- Prepare, monitor and edit production schedules, thereby helping to maintain optimum stock levels and to provide the required level of customer service.
- Attend meetings, conferences, seminars and training sessions as required.
- Participate in the training of staff; act as Author and/or Trainer as required.
- Raise/edit production orders, purchase orders, requisitions, advice notes and transfer notes.
- Investigate stock discrepancies, make recommendations for any necessary procedural changes to eliminate recurrence; update computer records as appropriate.
- Enquire and input details of products, parts, consumables, orders, advice notes, nests, dates, times, costs, labour/machine operations/programs/instructions, machine tools/equipment, ancillary items, measuring equipment, maintenance, jigs, fixtures, drawings, layouts, patterns etc.
- Must have previous experience in a buying role, with an understating of buying procedures
- Good knowledge of computerised stock and production controls
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to ensure paperwork/files/folders such as orders, nests and reports are completed accurately and are passed promptly to the next stage and/or appropriate person.
- Computer literate
- C level and above GCSE - Maths and English
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Free Parking
- Career progression
- Sick pay scheme