Team Leader - Actuators Nightshift
We are working with a global leader in the Aeronautical industry who are looking for a Night Shift Team Leader in the Actuator department to join their team.
The position is responsible for overseeing all activities associated with manufacturing and production of deliverable product to meet customer expectations within a defined production area. The role will report to an Manufacturing Team Manager. The post holder monitors and manages hourly personnel in the assignment of work responsibilities, development, and alignment of resources to load. The position drives continuous improvement in production, quality, and safety while utilizing the framework of the Eaton Business System (EBS) and the Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF).
* Drive communication and performance though daily team meetings
* Working closely and communicate effectively with cross functional teams across the site and partnering sites.
* Drive continuous improvement and application through lean tools. (including Kaizen and Rapid Improvement and 5S standards.
* Achieve key metrics for Health and Safety, Quality TRCR, and On-Time Delivery.
* Assure quality compliance of all team members and processes within your work group. Deliver feedback to operators on any performance issues. Participation in Quality 8D investigations.
* Raising and closing of Quality non conformances.
* Evaluate and manage manning levels, managing shift patterns, and overtime. Manage holiday for team members to meet production demands
* Performance Management of all team members.
* Succession planning within the team and cross training / up skilling of all team members.
* Complete TAKT walks (to monitor and address safety, quality, 5S standard work and TPM). Timely close out of all issues that are identified..
* Order the necessary resources and equipment required for your team to complete their job.
* Timely and effective resolutions of employee relations issues / conflict management.
* Managing attendance of team members and completion of Return to Work interviews.
* Support recruitment and selection activities.
* Adherence to standard work
* Update the time and attendance system for your team and manage timecards.
* To complete observations and encourage the team to raise observations, giving them feedback on the actions.
* To complete COSHH assessments for your area.
* Ensure all members are adequately trained and all mandatory training is completed on time. Have a robust Training plan in place to allow all task to be covered.
Minimum 1-3 years of experience leading others
If this sounds like the job for you or you would like to hear more about this role, please click APPLY now or contact Jodie Tucker - Cordant People - Barnstaple on or email me on
If you have not received a response within one week, then please assume that on this occasion, you have not been shortlisted. Thank you.
Cordant People are an equal opportunities employer
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer