Senior Electronics Engineer
Orion Group are recruiting for a Senior Electronics Engineer Multinational on behalf of our Multinational Medical Device Client based in Northern Scotland. This is a permanent position.
An opportunity for a Senior Electronics Engineer to join our strong team of experts. You will provide technical leadership, be a subject matter expert, mentor and coach others as well as contributing to the overall strategy.
The Senior Electronics Engineer role involves technical project management and hands on design in projects spanning the full product lifecycle from concept to post launch support. This role would be an ideal opportunity for individuals with ambitions to move into Engineering Management but still wish to have hands on engineering experience.
- Interfacing and managing external design & manufacturing partners.
- Liaison with internal stakeholder groups
- Technical review and oversight of electronics design, managing design partners and holding to account for on time delivery
- Responsible for tracking and reporting schedule and engineering activities of suppliers to Engineering manager
- Development of engineering requirements specifications
- On occasion, hands on development of concepts and layout
- Perform and oversee electronics design verification testing
- Development of product requirements and technical specifications.
- Carrying out Electronics Design verification activities
Requirements of the role:
Ideally you will have a Bsc Hons Electronics Engineering or equivalent. Consideration given to candidates with HND in Electronics engineering and relevant experience within a highly regulated environment and ideally within Medical Devices but not essential.
- Strong background in Electronics design and PCB layout, ideally in a regulated environment
- Experience in transfer of design to high volume PCBA manufacture.
- Low power design experience
- Understanding of Bluetooth and wireless technologies is essential
To be successful in this role you will have diversity of thought teamed with a strong customer focus and it goes without saying that you will have a proactive approach to issue identification and problem resolution as well as being resilient and able to work well under pressure.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.