Boost your skills, top up your student loan, and give back to your community with NCS! Paid, flexible seasonal work throughout June - September 2019!
Salary: £1,472 - £1,880
Role length: 14 - 18 days per placement
About the role
Join The Challenge, the UK's largest provider of NCS, this summer and become a role model for a team of 15-17 year olds throughout our youth and community programme.
NCS (National Citizen Service) is a government-backed initiative with a mission to equip 15-17 year olds with the confidence, skills and support they need to make a real difference in their communities.
Team Mentors lead groups of young people through the NCS programme, encouraging them to bond as a team and fully engage with the curriculum. Our Mentors are responsible for the health, safety and pastoral care of their teams throughout the 3 or 4 week programme, and will be supported by the Pastoral Care Lead in managing challenging behaviour and integrating young people with additional behavioural and/or emotional needs.
Other responsibilities include:
- Leading a range of evening activities with other Team Mentors for up to 84 young people.
- Lead visits to community partners and charities, and support your team as they design and deliver a meaningful social action project.
- Empower each of your team members to develop a range of new skills and reflect upon their own progress and development.
- Follow The Challenge's safeguarding policies and procedures.
This partly residential role is perfect for a highly motivated and enthusiastic self-starter, looking to gain invaluable youth work and leadership experience. The role may require long working hours and night shifts during the residential weeks of the programme.
- Experience of working with young people
- Ability to manage and motivate a group of people through a range of activities
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to facilitate or deliver activities to groups in an engaging and inclusive way
Click on the button below to apply!