Public Speaking Trainer
PUBLIC SPEAKING TRAINER
Share your passion, boost your CV and make a difference in your community. Flexible paid work placements throughout June - September with NCS!
Salary: £150 per day
About the role
Join The Challenge, the UK's largest provider of NCS, and inspire young people to boost their skills, gain confidence and make a difference in their communities.
NCs (National Citizen Service) is a government-backed initiative with a mission to equip 15-17 year olds with the confidence, skills and support they need to make a real difference in their local communities.
Public Speaking Trainers run weekly single-day workshops, working with a new cohort of up to 84 young people each week. Our trainers teach sessions in public speaking development, confidence-boosting skills, presentation skills and communication, adapting the set NCS curriculum to keep it engaging and accessible for different audiences.
Other responsibilities include:
- Ensure that all young people in the audience are fully engaged and included in the workshop.
- Build a positive rapport with each of the Team Mentors, and work collaboratively to run the workshops.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills
- Knowledge of confidence/performance building strategies
- Extensive experience in facilitating workshops/sessions and following set curriculums
- Experience of working with young people (preferable large groups)
- Ability to adapt set content to be inclusive for different audiences
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and build strong professional relationships
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and be adaptable and flexible at short notice
This non-residential role is perfect for an experienced public speaker with the confidence and charisma to fully engage and teach large and audiences.
Click on the button below to apply!