Home Based Building Surveyor - South-West of UK
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a driven, experienced and qualified Building Surveyor who has detailed knowledge of building construction and subsidence claims to join one of the leading claims management firms in the Southwest of England where You will have the opportunity work from home.
As a Building Surveyor you will pro-actively manage subsidence claims in a manner that supports efficient and effective settlements for the policyholder. You will add value to the customer journey by providing sound technical advice and keeping them informed at key stages.
The role will include:
- Delivering a first class end to end subsidence claims handling service - progressing claims efficiently and fairly in a manner that supports the customer and partners our insurance clients' brand and values.
- Delivering excellence against the key measures of reduced duration, cost control and customer satisfaction.
- Understanding the technical nature of the claim and set a strategy for resolution understanding each individual demand and likely outcome.
- Preparing initial appraisal reports with cost recommendations.
- Ensuring all planning, Building Regulations, Party Wall and CDM issues are addressed.
- Identifying and understand the nature of any blockages and failure demand - take ownership of issues to identify problem at root cause and adopt getting it right first time to enhance the customer experience.
- Chartered Building Professional - MRICS/MCIOB/CEng or equivalent is essential.
- Ability to motivate and train team members.
- The flexibility to travel when needed.
- Ideally a sound knowledge of the insurance market, although this is not essential.
- Knowledge of building construction.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
If you meet these criteria and want to be a part of this exciting organisation, then contact Blayne Kelly at the IPS Group