Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer
Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer job in Alfreton. 4 on, 4 off shifts.
Your new company
Since 1969 this company has developed and manufactured innovative product solutions for a range of industries. They work closely with customers to develop tailored solutions to meet the demanding needs of today's industries, with safety and quality at the top of their priorities to deliver products for present and future challenges. They are proud to employ many of the most experienced and talented professionals in their industry from development, operations, sales support and delivery. Supported by a loyal and knowledgeable workforce, this company has been able to build strong capabilities in product development, good safety and environmental practices, as well as high quality standards for over half a century.
Your new role
Your main job will be to service, repair and improve the performance of all manufacturing equipment, analysing faults and providing a solution in a safe and timely manner to maximise machine up time. Main duties include:
- Carry out fault finding and repairs to equipment and machinery
- Service equipment to agreed PPM schedules offering improvements to current schedule where opportunities exist.
- Complete daily logs and data capture via CMMS system.
- Carry out duties required whilst contributing to the on-going improvement of process and product.
- Lead specific improvement projects where machine performance gaps exist by analysing data, scoping out improvements required and delivering against improvement gap closure plan.
- Become departmental expert in the maintenance of automation cells, delivering performance improvements, developing and delivering a training package to shift based technicians where applicable.
What you'll need to succeed
You are an experienced Maintenance Engineer from a manufacturing environment. You have a time served Electrical/Mechanical apprenticeship and demonstrable experience of Faultfinding on PLC systems. You will have 5 years experience in similar role. Your interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a team will be essential as will your proven ability to fault find and problem solve.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a salary of up to £36K + overtime and an extensive benefits package. This will include pension scheme, on site parking, training and development. Supporting people in the long term for the continued development and delivery of better products and services for customers, is important to this company. They take the responsibility of sharing knowledge and experience, built over five decades, seriously. As a result, they operate an established apprentice programme and employee training schemes which enables them to introduce and cultivate new talent in the business. By providing new people and their established workforce with opportunities to learn and develop skills, they are also investing in the future of their industry.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.