Full Time Permanent Company Accountant. Opportunity based in Carlisle.
Your new company
A well established and growing construction firm are seeking a Company Accountant on a full time permanent basis.
Your new role
Working closely with key stakeholders across the business, and reporting directly to the Board, this is a key appointment within the organisation and will involve the supervision and development of a small finance function.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Main point of contact for the finance function for the board, contract managers and commercial teams, bank, auditors and other external stakeholders.
- Systems development and implementation of systems to improve financial control
- Prepare year end accounts and relevant disclosures
- Liaise with external auditors through the audit process
- Manage the working capital position and prepare monthly/weekly cash flow forecasts
- Annual divisional P&L, balance sheet, cash flow forecast
- Intercompany reconciliations
- VAT return submission
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally be a fully qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA), however part qualified and qualified by experience candidates will be considered with comparable experience operating at a senior level.
Previous supervisory experience is desirable, as are strong leadership qualities, and the ability to motivate and develop a team.You will be a technically strong Accountant, with an acute eye for detail and excellent Excel skills. Experience of the construction industry is desirable.
What you'll get in return
This is a full time, permanent opportunity working Monday to Friday (standard office hours 8.30-5 with half hour lunch) 40 hours per week.
Salary is between £30,000 - £40,000 dependent on qualifications, skills and experience.
28 days Holiday inclusive of Bank Holidays.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.