Head Of Finance
We are recruiting a Head of Finance for a retail financial services business based in central London. The client is a really interesting business who are currently going through a significant period of change, they were recently awarded a banking licence but have been a growing rapidly since inception 15 years ago. This is an organisation who pride themselves on offering an exceptional working environment, they are really looking for a candidate who wants to build a long term career within a really forward thinking organisation. Reporting directly into the CFO; the Head of Finance is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations in the finance department and will oversee the production of relevant and timely financial information to the Directors by the accounts team and external regulatory and statutory reporting. Their role is to manage the group's transactions, such as accounts payable, receivable, payroll, control accounts and general operational finance. The Head of Finance is responsible for establishing and executing financial controls within the business, identifying and recommending potential operational efficiencies and improvements to working practices and procedures. The Head of Finance is also responsible for managing the banks Capital and supporting the Treasurer and CFO in managing Liquidity and Market Risk.
- Manage and provide ongoing training to accounting personnel which is currently a team of 5 people
- Reviewing and signing off the monthly management accounts on a timely basis
- Monitor compliance with financial covenants
- Preparation of year end statutory accounts, Pillar 3 document and liaising with auditors
- Maintaining sound financial records
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for pricing decisions and contract negotiations
- Maintaining and, when necessary, implementing rigorous controls over accounting transactions
- Manage outsourced functions
- Ensure compliance with prudential regulatory capital rules and reporting through the Board and the Regulator
- Operational cash management.
- Negotiating lines of credit and vendor agreements as well as reviewing financial contracts and agreements.
- To abide by all financial crime related policies, procedures and reporting obligations applicable to the job role.
- Maintain appropriate policies, controls and procedures over the reporting of regulatory information.
- Manage and develop the stress testing capabilities of the business.
- Facilitate the completion of the Corporate Plan for approval by ExCo and Board.
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Strong technical accounting knowledge (UK GAAP and IFRS)
- Sound IT literacy, Microsoft Excel in particular
- Strong leadership and decision making skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Diligent with good attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Planning, prioritisation and execution, with flexibility to adapt plans
- Understanding of regulatory environment
- Positive influence & proactive initiative
- Strong experience in managing a regulatory reporting function within a retail bank
- Proven experience leading a Finance team, motivating and supporting the team to significantly improve delivery.