GLOBAL ACCOUNT MANAGER - MAJOR BROKER, CITY OF LONDON
Our client, a major City broker, is now looking for a Global Client Advisor/Account Manager/Account Handler to join their major risks division. This is an additional headcount which has arisen due to continued growth and new business wins within the organisation.
To be considered, you MUST have account management experience dealing with outward global programmes.
Salary around £40-50K but the client may well go higher for the right candidate. Full job spec shown below.
As we are currently receiving very high volumes of applications to our various advertised vacancies, we would strongly suggest that if your background/experience genuinely matches this vacancy requirement, you should call us directly on 0800 912 9994to highlight your application.
FULL JOB SPEC:
Provision of account management services for an allocated portfolio of clients. To aid in the overall service provision to clients ensuring that the business is retained and developed.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Supervise and monitor the day to day performance of direct reports and provide support as appropriate.
- Provision of the day to day servicing of a client’s insurance programme to support retention and development of the business.
- Placement of insurances for clients in accordance with company strategy.
- Effective and timely management of all renewals to ensure completion by the due date.
- Preparation of market and client documentation.
- Process accounting entries in accordance with company standards.
- Maintenance of accurate client and policy records in the computer system.
- Check policy documentation for accuracy prior to issue to the client.
- Provision to the client of policy documentation in accordance with FSA regulation.
- Deal effectively (and to the satisfaction of the client and the market) with queries, including but not limited to changes in cover and risk.
- Prompt and accurate resolution of accounts queries.
- Maintenance of a diary system for outstanding workload.
- Undertake Performance and Development Reviews of all direct reporting staff in accordance with company requirements.
- Ability to assist the Unit Manager with the development and implementation of internal controls and procedures to assure the performance of colleagues within the unit.
- Compliance with company procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Identify the risk exposures and advise on insurance and risk management solutions in consultation with the Account Executive/Producer.
- Provision of support to Account Executives, Producers and other client service team members in the overall servicing of the client’s insurance programme.
- Obtain quotations both for new and renewal business as required by the Account Executive/Producer.
- Provision of management information as required by the Producer, COO, Unit Manager or other colleague.
- Manage and co-ordinate global insurance programmes and liaison with producer network worldwide.
- A general working knowledge of commercial property, employers’ liability, public and products liability, motor, engineering, personal accident, financial lines, professional indemnity and marine covers.
- Knowledge of how to implement and manage global insurance programmes, working with a network of offices, to ensure seamless service delivery.
- A good understanding of insurer rating methods for each class of insurance.
- Ability to build and maintain good business relationships with clients, insurers and associates.
- Ability to identify opportunities for business development.
- Extensive experience in marketing and servicing the insurance needs of clients accounts.
- Knowledge of the resources available within the company and how to source such services.
- Ability to identify developmental needs for colleagues and to provide appropriate mentoring and coaching.
- Willingness and ability to continue to develop knowledge of products and related issues through formal and informal learning, both internal and external to the company.
- A thorough knowledge of the computer desktop software provided by the company.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook) or similar software applications.
- Reasonable typing and keyboard skills.
- Effective delegation as appropriate.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally both verbally and in writing with clients, insurers and other associates.
- Ability to manage time, prioritise and ensure that deadlines are met without compromising quality.
- Ability to prepare a broking presentation that accurately reflects the cover required and meets the clients’ demands and needs.
- Excellent presentation skills in both preparation and execution.
- Demonstrate an understanding of when to proceed alone and when to involve the appropriate associate.
- Ability to prepare and interpret claims experiences and analysis including claims triangulations and the impact of deductibles and cover variations.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, including research and investigation.
- Ability to compile, analyse and interpret financial information and data to facilitate decision making.
- A thorough knowledge of FSA regulations and guidelines relating to both commercial and retail customers.
- A thorough understanding of and adherence to company standards and procedures.
- Understanding of a clients business issues, insurance needs and expectations.
- A good understanding of financial lines, professional indemnity and employment practice liability covers.
- A working knowledge of insurer products and specialisms.
- Ability to broke and service the insurance needs of clients.
- Fully understands the concept, issues and overall impact of market pricing.
- An understanding of company cash collection processes including but not limited to general insurance accounting and client invoicing.
- Professional and tactful negotiation and persuasion skills to achieve objectives.