Learning Mentor - Cambridge
Job title: Community Teaching Assistant
Location: Cambridge - Huntington
Salary: £60 -70 per day
Start date: 23rd April
Temp or perm: 12 weeks probation until permanent position
Full or part time: Full time
About the role:
Monarch Education are working in partnership with a charity based in Cambridge that works as an alternative provision for children with a mixture of needs. The role is to work 1-1 or 2-1 with children and help support them in their education and deliver learning sessions tailored to the student and their needs. The role of a Community Teaching Assistant is based off site at a location of suitability for the student.
1. Work in accordance with programme and other policies and programmes as appropriate.
2. Deliver effective and efficient personalised education programmes for children and young people with a learning disability, autism, SEMH and other additional needs
3. Ensure the children and young people we support develop and maintain relationships, participate in and contribute to their local community
4. Use positive behaviour support and other techniques as appropriate to ensure that any children and young people who challenge services are able to continue to safely access and benefit from our services.
5. Respond to any concerns regarding the health, well-being, and safety or safeguarding of a child or young person we support in accordance with local protocols, regulatory guidance and best practice advice and policies.
6. Ensure that each child or young person we support has the necessary risk assessments in place at all times, and that these are implemented to a high standard.
7. Promote the health and safety of the children and young people we support in line with Policy for Health, Safety and Welfare at Work.
The role is full time, school hours (8.30-4) and is to 38 weeks a year.
Person Specification for Community Teaching Assistant:
* Level 3 qualification or higher
* Good level of Maths and English
* Driver's license and own car
* Experience working with children/school aged children and/or vulnerable or SEN children
* Eligibility to work in the UK
*Please note all applications are reviewed and if you are not suitable for this particular position, there may be others available more suited to your experience, so applicants are encouraged to apply if you are actively seeking work.
You will be expected to work within Cambridge/Huntington area to support the child in a suitable location to them.
About Monarch Education:
Monarch Education are an established company across the UK who aim to help schools with staffing requirements in Education, including primary, secondary and SEN. We are recognised for providing a service that is personal and professional, with a commitment to excellence.
We will work to ensure you are compliant within the schools and represent you in the journey to placing you within schools.
How to apply:
Respond to this job advert with your CV including your contact information. Alternatively call Lucy Thomas or .