Bristol (covering three sites in the City Centre, Gloucester Road and St Philips)
£21,000 - £23,000 DOE Plus Holiday Allowance That Increases With Service
Our client is recruiting on behalf of an innovative charity that saves furniture destined for the landfill, gives them some much needed TLC and provides them at a low cost to those in need.
They are also a leading member of a national network of over 300 UK community organisations re-using furniture and appliances for the alleviation of poverty and helping to reduce materials going to landfill.
Now, they’re looking for a Retail Manager to support the daily operations of the retail stores.
This is the ideal role for a retail professional looking to step up into a multi-site role where not only will you be able to progress your career and impact upon retail operations, but you’ll also be giving back to the Bristol community by working for a charitable organisation.
Boasting modern, light, eclectic stores, the organisation is not your typical second-hand charity shop. They are focused on upcycling and targeting online retail as well as physical stores. There are plenty of innovative programmes to get involved with and help to drive sales and you’ll have key input into the direction of the retail activities.
So, if you are ready for an amazing role within retail and are eager to move away from giant retail parks into a multi-site charitable role, this is what you’ve been waiting for.
As the Retail Manager, you will be tasked with overseeing operations at two retail outlets and a warehouse at various locations across Bristol. You will supervise the flow of stock in and out and ensure high standards of merchandising across all three sites.
Aiming to maximise sales, you will provide day-to-day management and oversee a small team of paid staff and deliver on targets through effective pricing and charitable objectives.
You’ll join the senior management team and will have the chance to play a vital role in the expansion and development of the retail arm of the organisation.
Your role will also involve:
- Ensuring effective stock rotation is carried out within, and between shops and the warehouse
- Liaising with the Warehouse and Stock Manager to maximise revenue
- Taking an active role in selling within the shops
- Seeking to minimise wastage
- Supporting effective displaying and merchandising stock
- Developing an online sales presence using social media and eCommerce
Interested? If so, you will need:
- At least three years’ retail management experience
- Demonstrable experience of using social media
- A high level of customer service orientation
- A target driven mentality
- To be a solution focused, creative and logical thinker
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft Office
- To be adaptable and flexible depending on the needs of the business
A strong, motivated leader, the Retail Manager will also need a close attention to detail, excellent communication skills and a resilient, assertive attitude. The ability to work on your own initiative and possess high levels of integrity will also be key.
To apply for the role of Retail Manager, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Additional Keywords: Retail Manager, Multi-Site Manager, Retail Sales Executive, Store Manager, Store Assistant, Store Deputy Manager, Retail Sales Manager, Retail Assistant Manager.