A Quality Manager position within a foremost global manufacturer of bespoke machinery has become available. My client is seeking a qualified Quality Manager with the support of senior management, to be the primary driver of Bristol and Derby Quality Management systems. This needs to have a lasting effect on the company's processes and procedures leading to continuous improvement, enhanced customer satisfaction and compliance to the businesses ISO9001 management accreditation and relevant external standards where applicable.
The role is based in Bristol, but regular travels to Derby are required by the job holder.
Maintain, monitor and measure the effectiveness of the Quality Management System; conduct internal audits on company quality management system; assist/facilitate other PA site audits; implement the company Quality Policy, review the contents and scope and ensure its updated accordingly
- Prepare monthly quality reports to the management team and discuss performance against KPIs; report trends, target areas requiring improvement
- Measure the business' supplier management system with the Purchasing Department.
- Support Purchasing by organising and carrying out supplier audits
- Issue and communicate the company Quality KPI monthly reports.
- Train new starters on the site Quality Management system, quality policy and company values
- Work closely with operations and sales (specifically the pre-order process) to collate data on Quality concerns, with the tools available, identifying areas of concern. Instigate corrective actions where necessary to drive continuous improvement
- Review critical process such as the Quality Gate Process, Concession & Non-conformance processes which effect the delivery schedule of customer projects
- Ensure the integrity of the company's calibration system is maintained, through accurate quality data.
- Liaise with the third party auditors for certification purposes.
- Support development and innovation of products and processes.
- Supporting management commitment and review,
- Review and evaluation of quality related costs considerations, quality costs systems,
- Customer satisfaction monitoring and evaluation
- Conduct annual standard reviews to ensure changes are capture and where relevant processes are updated to reflect relevant changes; communicate to the business relevant changes to specific industry standards
- Candidates to have firm knowledge and understanding, and to be competent with the ISO 9001:2015; ISO 12100 Machinery Safety Directive
- Experience in implementing management systems, specifically ISO 9001 (3-5 years).
- Experience in Engineering companies will be advantageous
- Minimum qualification required: IRCA Lead Auditor Certified or formal auditing qualification; Lean Management recognised training preferred (e.g. AGILE, SCRUM, 5S).
- Internal Auditing qualifications desirable/minimum previous experience required.
- Excellent organisation, planning and communication skills
- Experience with data from MRP/ERP systems to analyse data for improvement with Non-conformances against processes
- Experience with working with suppliers and conducting supplier audits
- Ability to work upon own initiative
- Versatile adapt to a rapidly changing environment and able to reprioritise workload where required
- University degree desirable; or experience in a technical process related role with credible amount of experience to understand role requirements and develop role internally within the business
- Flexibility to travel nationally and internationally when required by the business
- Bristol Based - BS14
- £45,000-£55,000+ DOE
- 33 Days Holiday (25 days + 8 Public Holidays - 28 days after completing 5 years service)
- 12 Flexidays + Flexitime
- Generous Pension Contribution
- Life Assurance: 7 Times of Annual Salary, Plus Income Protection
- Generous Flexiday + Flexitime Scheme
- Permanent Position
For additional information or further questions please contact Elliot on .