Graduate Trainee Accountant
Graduate Trainee Accountant Role - (North East London)
£23,000 - £25,000 plus benefits and study support
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a Graduate Trainee Accountant with 6 months to 2 years relevant accounting / finance experience to join a lively, expanding finance and business services company in East London.The role will offer practical finance experience to run simultaneously with the professional accounting exams (ACCA) which the company will support.
Reporting into the Finance Manager responsibilities of the Graduate Trainee Accountant will include:
- Creating weekly cash forecasts
- Managing invoice process/payments
- Preparing accruals and prepayments.
- Reconciling balances and complete analysis of balance sheet items
- Assisting in preparation of the annual statutory accounts
- Bank reconciliations
- Inter-company billings / transfer pricing
- VAT returns
Ideal candidates for the Graduate Trainee Accountant role MUST have the following skills and experience:
- A graduate with an Accounting / Finance related degree with some relevant finance or accounting experience ( 6 months to two years). Strong AAT candidates will also be considered.
- Willing to work towards the ACCA formal qualification
- Excellent communicative ability with an outgoing personality
- Self confident with a sense of humour.
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills
- Good knowledge of Excel and knowledge of Xero is advantageous
- Ability to work as part of a team and autonomously
The Graduate Trainee Accountant role is an excellent entry point into a ambitious and fun organisation with an excellent opportunity to develop and acquire new skills. The business will offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits, bonus and comprehensive study support towards ACCA exams.
Due to the anticipated high volume of repsonses GMT will only contact those candidates who are initially shortlisted for this role.