Clinical Services Manager Healthcare Crowborough East Sussex
Job Title -Clinical Services Manager
Salary - Up to £35,000 plus excellent benefits
Location - Crowborough, East Grinstead and Outreach sites
Hours - 37.5
Role - Permanent
- To support the delivery of a robust quality improvement plan, which ensures that systems for shared learning are in place, effective and monitored.
- To monitor compliance with CQC standards to assist the teams to achieve or maintain an outstanding CQC rating
- To lead and/or participate in the investigation of any adverse event, serious incidents or complaints and claims.
- Ensure investigations take place in a timely manner and support the delivery of the quality and safety agenda.
- Play a key role as a Datix super-user in ensuring that patient safety incidents are reported appropriately using the Datix risk management database.
- Ensure that the reporting and grading of incidents and root cause analysis is routine practice in all areas and is used to improve the quality of care and reduce unacceptable risks within the organisation.
- Work collaboratively with all department teams to improve quality and clinical standards.
- Work alongside colleagues to provide education on patient safety improvements and risk related issues.
- To assist in the quarterly Clinical Governance Report’s for each site, identifying any trends or causes for concern.
- To attend quarterly clinical governance meetings.
- To assist in the planning and delivery of the local clinical audit programme
- Maintain confidentiality and meet data protection and information governance requirements related to clinical governance and audit.
- Work closely with departments (e.g. BI, Governance) to ensure accurate and robust clinical data is collated for internal and external reporting to relevant parties and stakeholders within set deadlines. This includes monthly and quarterly reporting to commissioners, consultants and the executive, NRLS.
- Ensure that findings of clinical audits, complaints or investigations are shared, colleagues are aware of the national, regional and local requirements/guidance, and that there is an organisational database of internal and external audits.
- Work with the Head of Clinical Governance to ensure the clinical audits that are carried out enable the identification of both good and poor practice in the provision of care, that actions are implemented and there is evidence of resolution and sharing of learning throughout the organisation.
- To participate in the development of policies and procedures ensuring they are compliant with procedural documents; legislative, national and local guidance and they are robust and measurable.
- To support the establishment of systems to enable monitoring and measuring compliance with external inspection and accreditation, including CQC.
- Lead on the implementation of patient safety alerts, NICE guidance etc. and ensure action plans are in place.
- To establish good links with clinical and non-clinical departments to ensure the availability of information and robust documentation for data collection enabling outcomes of care to be recorded.
- Use root cause analysis tools and collation of data to investigate and identify patient safety incidents ensuing that action plans are in place and carried out. This includes local RCA’s, SI’s and Never Events.
- Populate and review the hospital’s risk register, adding key risks as identified from events or near misses.
- Understand the Duty of Candour and the organisation’s responsibilities.
Previous experience of working with risk management data bases
Experience of audit, risk management and quality improvement processes
Previous Healthcare experience
Excellent influencing skills
Experience of reporting and grading patient safety incidents and root cause analysis
Strong communication and organisational skills
Excellent IT Skills
Nice to Haves
Previous experience working in a Clinical governance setting
Ability to interpret and present qualitative information
If you have the above and are seeking a new role within Sussex, can drive and are able to look after multi sites this is the role for you, excellent benefits await you and you would be based within a beautiful hospital, excellent staff who deliver an excellent service to the patients. Send us your CV and we shall respond. All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK