Head of Care Services
NB Recruitment are currently working with a prestigious Care Group based in North London who are looking to appoint a Head of Care Services. This is a new role within the Group and will be one of the most senior roles within the company reporting into the Company Director.
The key focus for this role will be expanding the business. It would be expected that the successful candidate would be spending a considerable amount of time meeting with local boroughs to form partnerships, understanding their strategy for supporting people with Learning Disability, understanding their Transforming Care Agenda and establishing their spend plans. Using the information from the Local Boroughs and keeping abreast of Government plans for supporting people with disability, the candidate will help form the Company strategy for growth and investment.
The other focus for this candidate is Quality of the services delivered by the Group. The target would be for all the services to gain "highly rated" / "excellent" accreditation from Local Boroughs and governing bodies like CQC. The candidate will ensure the highest quality by effectively managing the delivery of the service that is headed by "Head of Operations", who will be reporting into this position.
As part of supervising the delivery of the services the candidate will also be expected to ensure that the Heads Of Operations are delivering most cost effective services within the cost boundaries / budgets agreed.
To be considered for this position, the following is required;
- Credible working history with adult care services - At least 10 years of experience is required.
- Adult Care management qualification desirable
- Experience of working within local boroughs is desirable.
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels - both internally and externally.
- A high degree of interpersonal skills utilising these to build trust and confidence - both internally and externally.
- Professional and discreet. Strong work ethic.
- Well presented, friendly and personable.
- Able to multi-task.
- Able to build and support strong professional staff teams.
- Maintains professionalism and keeps calm and collected in high pressure situations
- Excellent computer literacy skills, particularly with the Microsoft Office suite of programs
- Ability to pick out key information and report it in a timely manner using appropriate means of communication.
For further information, please contact Natalie at NB Recruitment