UK Website Manager
E-commerce is a very strategic channel for Europcar Mobility Group UK, and one that has been growing rapidly to support Europcar's aspirations to take its position as market leader in the UK. This role offers an opportunity to work in an international team and to develop project management skills within the e-commerce channel, focusing on the Europcar brand with occasional support for other Europcar Mobility Group brands.
Europcar Mobility Group is a major player in mobility markets and listed on Euronext Paris. The mission of Europcar Mobility Group is to be the preferred "Mobility Service Company" by offering alternative attractive solutions to vehicle ownership, with a wide range of mobility-related services: car rental, van and truck rental, chauffeur services, car sharing, scooter sharing and peer-to-peer car sharing.
Production & content management
Manage europcar.co.uk, m.europcar.co.uk and iPhone, iPad and Android app for the UK
Manage Europcar's CMS (Jahia + DRM) in order to translate texts, manage site configuration and maximise opportunities from these tools
Create pages and content for the sites to meet UK requirements or as requested by the Group
Ensure all pages respect brand guidelines (graphic design and tone of voice) and that sales performance is maximised
Act as central point of contact for all site activity: raise, follow-up and fix incidents with central team and customer services
Conduct in depth and regular user testing on Europcar's different sites to ensure that functionality works correctly with high level of quality and can be easily understood by customers
Liaise with legal and other internal stakeholders to ensure all websites are legally compliant
Drive forward best practice customer experience functionality for all websites
Digital channels development:
- Express UK needs for digital developments (sites, mobile, Apps etc.) in cooperation with central eCommerce team
- Implementation and follow-up of group web projects locally, for example Click & Go and Digital Reputation
- Testing of web developments before go live
- Project manage and implement partnership ecommerce solutions (Nectar & Partnership Websites)
- Own the calendar of promotions and coordinate with digital communication executive
- Ensure that the promotion are up-to-date on the digital channels
- Liaise with other stakeholders in the company to promote other products and make sure we follow the promotion plan
Site performance & results monitoring:
- Challenge web analytics data and user experience testing to find opportunities to increase conversion and revenue.
- Providing daily and weekly reporting, and ad-hoc reporting requirements
- Other ad hoc ecommerce tasks could be required, as and when advised by the UK Ecommerce Manager
Excellent project management, organisational and communication skills
Passionate, driven and capable self-starter
Creative, innovative and energetic team worker
Ability to use content management systems
Critical thinking & analytical skills to read and interpret data from various sources
Ability to work with Google Analytics and Jahia is an advantage.
Ability to work in an international team & environment
Skills to manage internal and external relationships
If you have what it takes to be a UK Website Manager, then please apply today!