Pupil Referral Unit - Teaching assistant in Harrow
***Behaviour Teaching Assistant Needed***
***Pupil Referral Unit***
***Harrow, London ***
We are working with a Pupil referal unit in Harrow who are currently looking to recruit a teaching assistant to work with children who have behavioural dificulties and mental health issues. The children within this school are those who have been excluded from mainstream schools. This will mean some of the children will be challenging so you should have the abilitiy to be compassionate and understanding. This role is equally rewarding when you support the individuals achieve succesful academic outcomes with the pupils.
You will be working with children 1:1 and in groups up to GCSE Level in a range of subjects. You will need to be confident and have the ability to adapt accordingly to the needs of the pupils. Your responsibilities will include monitoring the behaviour and progress of students, encouraging students to keep focus on tasks, provide feedback, and contribute in improving attainment levels.
The school is close to bus routes and over ground train routes
Key skills and experience needed:
- Strong behaviour management or experience working with pupils who have challenging behaviour.
- Experience in other SEN/PRU or youth work.
- High levels of professionalism
- Have an enthusiastic and creative approach to learning.
- Support teacher and assist with the delivery of the curriculum.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Tiv Suntharesan at Veritas Education.
Veritas Education are currently working on various vacancies in your area so even if this one doesn't fit your exact requirements, we may have something more suitable for you. Please send through your CV or give me a call so we can discuss other opportunities.
***Veritas Education offer competitive rates of pay***
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'