Senior Category Manager
A senior procurement opportunity with significant remit
A dynamic and autonomous role within the public sector
Large Government Organisation
To provide expert Procurement knowledge and skill to ensure best value for
money and improved services are achieved through the tender process.
2. Engage and influence key stake holders in order to encourage full
participation in procurement tender projects.
3. To formulate and adapt, in line with procurement and operational
requirements, an annual work plan to ensure timely completion of formal
tendering projects to support revenue and capital schemes.
4. To support the implementation of purchasing policies and practices in
support of procurement and other departments.
5. Manage a variety of tenders as assigned by the Head of Procurement and management of risk throughout the
7. Support in the implementation of procurement strategy for assigned areas of
the strategic plan.
Fully MCIPS Qualified
Full UK Drivers Licence
At least 4 years procurement experience
Up to date with PCR 2015
An understanding of government procurement
A competitive package