Healthcare Assistant - Plastics & Reconstructive Surgery
The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospital, where we pride ourselves on our values, and putting the patient at the heart of everything we do.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Healthcare Assistant to join our Plastics & Reconstructive Surgery Unit located on the 2nd Floor of the Duchess of Devonshire building in Central London, W1G 6JA.
Established in 1932, The London Clinic is one of the UK’s largest independently owned non-profit hospital, with state-of-the-art facilities located on Harley Street. We have circa 1200 employees, a total of 8 premises, and we are dedicated to providing the best, personalised healthcare with a breadth of surgical and medical expertise. Our main hospital spans 8 floors comprising of 234 beds and 10 theatres. Other premises include, The Duchess of Devonshire Wing, The London Clinic Eye Centre and 4 premises providing consulting room suites and diagnostic services.
Our Plastics & Reconstructive Surgery Unit comprises of 17 rooms all with en-suite facilities. We provide surgical care to patients with a range of diagnostics from the different specialties, including Plastics and Reconstructive, Breast Surgery, Bariatric Surgery, Inpatient ENT and Ophthalmology as well as Investigative Procedures.
As a Healthcare Assistant, you will assist in the provision of quality planned care for patients during their journey through the Plastics & Reconstructive Surgery Unit.
- Job Type: This is a full-time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week. Shifts include, Long Days including Weekends (7:45am to 8:15pm).
- Salary: The attractive salary range for this role is £23,239 - £27,035 (Inclusive), and will be dependent upon skills and experience.
- Benefits package: We offer a comprehensive package which includes a contribution pension scheme (total annual contribution up to 20%), Private Medical Healthcare, 25 day’s annual leave, season ticket travel loan, and a wide range of discounts with a variety of retailers and services. We also offer excellent career development; with clear career pathways and access to further education.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in delivering a high standard of holistic care to patients, recognising their individuality, and promoting privacy and dignity.
- Promote a safe environment by following safety work instructions, safety procedures and initiatives.
- Assist with patient hygiene, elimination, mobility, physical comfort, eating, drinking, whilst observing and reporting specific changes in patient’s condition.
- Communicate effectively with the multidisciplinary team, patients, visitors and other hospital departments.
- Uphold quality initiatives that improve 'customer care’ and participate in Unit/Clinic projects.
- Assist with the maintenance of ward cleanliness and adhere to the infection control policy.
Skills & Experience
- Experience working as a Healthcare Assistant within a hospital environment.
- Basic standard of general education with proven literacy, oral communication and numeracy skills. NVQ in Care Level 2 would be desirable.
- An understanding of the role in an adult Medical/Surgical Ward environment.
- Effective communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Polite, professional and flexible approach with the ability to cope in sensitive and challenging situations.
We are an organisation that has charitable status and this helps us to drive forward our mission of reinvesting our income to deliver better patient outcomes.
Join a supportive and warm working culture, where your contribution is valued, and you can help us deliver our three core values: Caring, Inspiring and Pioneering, which summarise our belief in integrity, compassion and high quality service.