Sales & Marketing Assistant, product design company
We are working with a successful product design company who supply their design-led gift products to much loved High Street names, including John Lewis and Selfridges, along with independent shops and online retailers throughout the UK.
Due to company growth they are seeking a bright, driven Sales & Marketing Assistant to join their team. The successful candidate will be proactive, a real people person, and have a true love of product and retail. In this dual role you will take ownership of all marketing activity for the Brand, including web content, newsletters and mailers, and social media channels. On the sales side, your role will include dealing with orders and enquiries both from members of the public and wholesale accounts, attending trade fairs, promoting the company’s fantastic product portfolio.
If you are bright, driven, and looking to get your foot in the door of an exciting company and really get your career moving then this Sales & Marketing Assistant position might be for you. Send us your CV today!
A typical day as Sales & Marketing Assistant will include:
- Writing creative, engaging material about products and related events for both B2B and B2C customers
- Taking ownership of website and social media platforms, including imagery and content, maintaining and updating as necessary
- Writing all product descriptions and any other content / copy required across the business
- Taking pictures of products, editing for online platforms, marketing material, etc
- Maintaining and updating the company’s Amazon platform
- Taking ownership of public orders and enquires, upselling and cross selling products to maximise sales
- Speaking to wholesale customers via email and over the phone, building good, solid relationships
- Attending trade shows
- General sales administration duties, including accurate order processing, new supplier forms, etc
- Providing marketing information and general support to retailers as required
The successful Sales & Marketing Assistant you will have the following qualities:
- Desire to work within a small but growing entrepreneurial company
- 1+ year of administration, sales or marketing experience, however attitude and approach are more important here
- 1+ years’ experience working in wholesale environment
- An understanding of and interest in the retail/wholesale markets, and consumer products
- Ability to write engaging, creative content and copy
- A real people person, with an excellent telephone manner and the ability to form positive relationships, both internally and externally
- A creative approach, with a keen interest in marketing
- Knowledge of Photoshop would be an advantage but not essential
- A great photographer, with basic photo editing skills
- A proactive and innovative individual with a keen interest in the home and gift sector
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Office, and ability to use web applications
- Understanding of the amazon platform a bonus
- A great multitasker with the ability to prioritise workloads
- A flexible people-person who wants to be part of a great team!