Linux IT Network Systems Administrator
Linux / IT Network Systems Administrator / Dev Ops - Our Client provide extensive Software Solutions to most of the UK’s national newspaper and magazine publishers and are seeking a Linux / IT Network Systems Administrator / Dev Ops to join their existing experienced team based in Diss. This Linux / IT Network Systems Administrator / Dev Ops role is a full-time position where ideally candidates will have previous Linux/Comm/Scripting experience. In return, depending on experience, are offering a basic salary upwards of £30,000.
For the right Linux / IT Network Systems Administrator / Dev Ops candidate they will put suitable candidates through additional training course to fill skills gaps and expect individuals to work towards accreditation awards in Linux, Network and AWS areas.
The role of Linux / IT Network Systems Administrator / Dev Ops is an office-based role with duties and responsibilities as follows:
- Install, configure, patch and compile open source code on various Linux distributions (Centos / RedHat / Ubuntu / Amazon)
- Linux Mail Server integration
- OpenSource - Installing, configuring and updating ImageMagick / ghostscript / perl modules
- General install, patching, recovery and simple config of Windows and OS X Administration of standalone PC / Macs
- Build, configure and maintain Linux instances in AWS using EC2 / S3 / RDS / IP addressing / clustering / load balancing
- Use of XML / JSON / CSV to exchange data with other solutions
- Extensive VPN connectivity from 2 UK offices that need maintaining, migrating and updating as and when required
- Installation and configuration of a LAMP stack
For the role of Linux / IT Network Systems Administrator / Dev Ops, looking for someone with the following skill set:
- Core Unix / Linux Skills
- Integration / automation and scripting skills are vital
- Good basic understanding of SQL queries
- Knowledge in MySQL (Oracle / Sybase / Microsoft SQL Server advantageous)
- Comms experience including; DHCP / DNS / VPN (Strongswan OpenVPN) /Firewalls (iptables) / Telnet / ftp / sftp / ssh / scp / SMB / CIFS / LDAP / SSL/TLS ( including Certificates etc.)
- Web experience including; HTML / HTTP / Apache / Tomcat
- Mail server experience including; postfix / fetchmail / google / imap
- Reasonable Bash and Perl understanding and coding abilities
The person fulfilling this position will be given access to Linux Academy and asked to undertake LPIC1, 2 & 3 level training and accreditation through the sitting of formal exams. This training / accreditation will be used to enhance their skills set, provide formal career development and to formally assess that development during their first few months.
This is a full-time permanent role working within the core office hours of Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm. In return we are offering a basic salary from £30,000 depending on experience, plus after a 3 month probationary period a company pension, life insurance and 24 days holiday per year.
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to join our team, please apply by forwarding an up to date CV as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
This vacancy is being advertised and handled by Spider. The regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiter and Online Job Advertiser. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire and beyond.
Additional keywords: IT Support, Systems Engineer, IT Administrator, Systems Administrator, IT Systems Administrator
By applying for this role, you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information you provide in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider will not use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment. We will also request additional consent directly from you before submitting your personal information to any other recruiting company who are working directly with Spider for recruitment advertising purposes. We will never disclose your information to any third party unless legally required to do so and we will only ever contact you with the sole purpose of helping you find your dream job or offering career related advice.