Professional Services Manager
Study Group is the leading provider of international education, driving success for our students and partners. We believe in a better world through education, and work with universities which are as motivated by driving student success and outcomes as we are.
Lancaster University International Study Centre is looking for a Head of Professional Services to help deliver outstanding student outcomes in a thriving and globally recognised University environment. This student centred role requires an individual with an inquisitive nature and a thirst for ensuring that our international community of students have the very best experience during their studies, with tasks as varied as devising exam timetables, on boarding staff, and being a source of UK visa compliance knowledge in centre.
With three direct reports, an individual with proven managerial experience who relishes in the challenge of making a positive impact on our students will be crucial to your success. Successfully working across our internal systems and those of our partner University is vital, as is being able to respond and deal with the distractions that come with working within a vibrant international student body, ensuring every student feels empowered to take the next steps on their journey in the UK.
We will give you the support and training that you need to provide the open and transparent environment in which faculty and students alike can thrive, managing the people responsible for driving first class academic outcomes that will command respect.
Lancaster University International Study Centre is surrounded by unspoilt countryside, well embedded within the University Campus. Successful candidates will have full access to state of the art facilities, and will become honorary members of the faculty of a triple top ten UK University (based on 2019 rankings).
- Articulate and implement a clear vision in line with Study Group’s Vision 2022 strategic pillars for the development of Professional Services operations.
- Contribute to the Centre's strategic planning and policy development.
- Attend and actively contribute to relevant University partnership Boards and Committees, work with University colleagues through approved liaison points and report regularly on these through the centre deliberative and management structures.
- Develop close and effective working relations with key partners within Lancaster University
- Support the Centre Director in ensuring that the Centre is fully compliant with Study Group’s, Lancaster University’s and relevant external agencies’ quality frameworks, policies, procedures and codes of practice.
- Analyse data and feedback from a wide variety of sources to monitor progress towards progression targets, planning and implementing remedial actions where necessary.
- Contribute to the planning and management of student induction, to ensure all students receive a smooth, legally compliant and efficient entry into the ISC.
- Take accountability for ensuring that the Centre is compliant with UKVI regulations and maintains good communications and relations with the Study Group’s central Visa team by maintaining awareness of and implementing the requirements resulting from any changes in visa regulations.
- Manage the centre’s student data through for the duration of the student data lifecycle, including all assessment, attendance and progression related data, ensuring compliance with all data protection legislation and implementing Study Group archiving and record retention policy.
- Experience of leading and managing staff in a busy and demanding office environment. (Essential)
- Experience of providing advice, guidance or student support in the context of education or training. (Essential)
- Experience of developing and delivering initiatives with a strong customer service and results focus. (Essential)
- Experience of working with international students and an understanding of welfare, well-being and cultural issues which may arise (Desirable)
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Enhanced pension scheme, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing centre, and much more.
We are a global pathway provider in International Education, working collaboratively with a number of Top Tier Universities. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.