Full Stack Web Developer
Due to our Clients continued growth we are currently recruiting for a Full Stack / Web Developer to join their team based in the heart of Ipswich. Our client is a cloud-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) provider, offering next-generation personalised loyalty marketing solutions.
This role is primarily responsible for the development of interactive, mobile-responsive "loyalty portals" for large B2B businesses and well-known B2C brands. You’ll be building custom themes in WordPress using HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL and the product APIs. You’ll also help our customers to integrate their existing websites, giving consultancy on the use of our APIs.
Key activities for Full Stack Web Developer
- Effective and efficient "hands-on" delivery of web and full-stack development projects.
- Working closely with Client Services, Product Management and QA teams, with a focus on continuous improvement in our product and delivery processes.
- Face-to-face and phone communication with customers and partners, plus regular progress updates with Client Services and Account Management teams.
- Keeping up to date on the latest technical developments, UI techniques and industry trends.
- Assistance with bid writing; providing input on concept feasibility, resource estimates and timescales.
Skills required for Full Stack Web Developer
- Expertise in HTML, CSS (including Bootstrap) and PHP - (essential)
- Good understanding and hands-on experience with MySQL - (essential)
- Experience of developing new themes in WordPress - (preferred)
- Experience using JSON with a Rest API - (preferred)
- Experience with SVN version control - (preferred)
- Knowledge of web application security best practice - (preferred)
- Strong written communication skills, and experience working in a collaborative team environment (using Email, MS PowerPoint, Google Documents, Slack and other similar tools) - (preferred).
- Experience in the production of high quality project documentation (functional specifications, technical designs etc) - (preferred).
- Experience in a client-facing agency web development role, working to tight deadlines desirable.
- The role may require some periods of travel outside the UK, so a full UK passport is essential.
In return you will be offered;
- A competitive salary.
- 25+ days holiday per annum.
- Flexible working hours, between 8am and 6pm.
- A contributory pension scheme.
- Regular social events.