Consultant - Economic Growth
Exciting opportunity to commence and develop your career within international development, working with a leading, global not-for-profit organisation specialising in the management of large programmes and projects to accelerate self-sufficiency and prosperity around the globe.
Parkhouse Bell are delighted to be supporting our client, a leading international development organisation to recruit a Consultant for Economic Growth, to be based from their UK offices in central London.
This role is being offered on a full-time, permanent basis.
The primary purpose of the role is to support the Governance Economic Growth team in both the completion of operational business matters and the identification and securing of new business opportunities within the remit.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Provide inputs to opportunity identification, tracking and management
- Assist in promotion of services through preparation of capability statements and marketing material
- Assist with preparation of Expressions of Interest
- Assist with preparation of project proposals: management of bidding process; associate and consultant selection; technical writing; commercial proposal and authorisation
- Assist with the management of projects within contracted time and budget constraints
- Assist in provision of advice to internal & external clients on technical matters within area of discipline
- Support the team in completion of technical assignments where practicable
- Collaborate with the organisations network of country offices for successful business delivery and growth
- Build knowledge and experience through contributing to think-pieces, shadowing more senior members of staff and attending external events
- Grow understanding of the sector through on-the-job learning, formal training opportunities, and mentoring
- Move from assisting to leading in the delivery of job responsibilities
As this is viewed as an entry level position, the successful candidate will be looking to develop a career within international development and have a real passion and interest for the sector. A graduate degree or equivalent in education is required, along with strong communication, organisational and forward thinking skills. There is no requirement to have an established background in economic growth.
In return you will be offered a starting salary of £25,000-£29,000pa depending on skills and experience plus a benefits package.