Management Accountant - Crowne Plaza/Holiday Inn Express LHR Terminal 4
The Management Accountant will maintain all effective controls and be responsible for the timely completion of the management reporting for the hotel, in accordance with objectives set by the Finance Controller, including but not limited to: Month End, Balance Sheets, VAT Return, Cash Flow and Audit
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the month end P&L is produced on time, with all accounts accurately viewed and reconciled to ensure that accurate reflection of the Hotel true financial results.
- Reconcile all Balance Sheet Accounts monthly to ensure that all balances are a true reflection of the Hotels Assets and Liabilities.
- Liaise and co-operate with both internal audit and all External audit bodies.
- Ensuring that an effective program of on property audit is in place and that any corrective actions identified are promptly implemented.
- Assist in the preparation of Budgets, Forecasts and Call Over’s that are consistent with the strategic objectives of the Hotel.
- Review management information, financial operational controls & processes within the department and make proposals which add value, improve controls and process efficiencies.
- Complete any and all other ad hoc duties may be required as directed by the Financial Controller.
Skills & Experience
- Studying towards a formal accounting qualifications
- Proficient in UK GAAP
- Strong hotel finance background
- Strong Communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills & Demonstrable Initiative
- Strong analytical skills & attention to detail
- Ability to deliver responsibilities with minimum supervision