Group Purchasing Manager
The Group Purchasing Manager will be responsible for managing supplier relationships to ensure correct quality, lowest possible price, lead times and OTIF delivery.
Based just outside Canterbury, Kent our client are a leading metal manufacturing company providing bespoke product to B2B trade.
The Group Purchasing Manager will be responsible for managing supplier relationships to ensure correct quality, lowest possible price, lead times and OTIF delivery. Also to develop and provide strategic direction to the portfolio and spend. This will include:
Supplier relationship management through regular reviews, visits and supplier audits
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure that requirements (Raw Materials, Consumables and Services) are delivered on time, to the correct quality and at the lowest possible price
- Host a weekly Purchasing Group meeting to ensure full communication an any issues and solutions
- Identify and resolve potential material, inventory or commercial issues
- Work with the Operations Managers as appropriate to review / analyse any material issues that have arisen with a view to providing preventative action for the future.
- Develop and implement Purchasing strategies to support both immediate and future needs
- Travel to other sites within the Group to build relationships internally and externally
The successful Group Purchasing Manager will be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of manufacturing environments
- Proven ability to negotiate and manage supplier relationships
- Strong IT skills including ERP/MRP systems
- Ability to communicate effectively across the hierarchy
- Salary of £40,000 - £55,000 depending on experience
- Car allowance
- Annual leave- 20 days plus bank holidays
- Pension - 5% matched contributions
- Life assurance x 2 salary