Business Systems Analyst Manager
Business Systems Analyst Manager - 12 mth Contract - Bracknell
The role of Business Systems Analyst Manager involves the co-ordination of system solution activities through the full project life cycle to continually improve the effectiveness of systems, associated processes and procedures.
This will involve the day to day management of business change requests, including but not limited to weekly and monthly reporting, prioritisation of requests and allocation of change requests out to the team.
You will also be responsible for key deliverables relating to specific project deliverables, implementing changes requested by the Business and also delivering smaller enhancements and/or work requests throughout the project lifecycle ensuring that the systems developed adhere to strategic and legislative requirements.
This involves initial analysis of business needs and preparation of business cases and requirement specifications. You will recommend technical solutions where possible.
Following approval, you will be responsible for assisting in or creating and delivering the enhancement. This means you will be the link, bringing together activities of external software suppliers, reviewing and approving technical solutions and involving the business departments in the testing and implementation of solutions.
Working closely with business systems users, you will be responsible for:
- Information gathering, system analysis and business requirements definition for the division’s Systems
- Familiar with user stories and use cases as a method to capture requirements
- Evaluate IT solutions to ensure they are designed to meet Business and IT requirements. Make recommendations, where possible, to assist in the development of core systems
- Create and manage release and test plans, which align with business requirements along with the Test Manager
- Carry out functional and regression testing and also assist with UAT in conjunction with the business. Defect management including raising faults, analysis of faults, prioritisation, liaison with external suppliers, test and release planning and updating Quality Centre.
- Change management including raising work requests, liaison with external suppliers, assisting with test and release planning and updating the CR database. Identify and complete configuration change requests.
- Fulfil ad hoc requests for data queries and analysis, which require a level of expertise beyond the business users’ and assist with setting up or amending regular requests with DWH
- Development and documenting of process flows within the business in order to identify efficiencies and suggest improvements
- Organising internal requirement gathering workshops and others means to elicit requirements
- Report and raise risks and issues in a timely way
Skills and Experience
- A good understanding of analysis methodologies preferably with practical experience of SSADM.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to explain technical issues in a concise and non-technical manner to business users.
- Experience of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Quality Centre & JIRA Exposure to client server and web technologies, Oracle and SQL Server databases.
- Exposure to Document Management systems and workflow is highly desirable though not essential.
- Significant experience in a business analyst or business systems analyst role, ideally within the financial services or automotive sectors or with a consultancy practice.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from various levels of management and users.
- Self-motivated, good organisational and planning skills, detail oriented who is also meticulous with clear attention to detail.
- Methodical in approach and good communication and documentation skills
- Self-starter that can be relied upon to ensure objectives are achieved
- Previous experience managing a team is desirable
- Ability to solve issues through a structured approach
- Experience working in an Agile delivery environment is desirable