A fast growing, successful and dynamic company, covering a niche part of the manufacturing industry is currently recruiting for an experienced Buyer to cover not only the procurement but also the stock management. This organisation is a market leader in its field and their Head Office is based in Somerset.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the fastest growing companies in the area, and an exciting time to become a member of a successful team.
- Sourcing and selecting partner suppliers to meet business demand.
- Daily stock control; the ERP system generates inventory requisitions to be reviewed, converted & placed, also some manual stock control responsibilities.
- Controlling/resolving all daily purchasing issues with an annual spend of £25m
- Maintaining supplier relationships, following up any non-conformance issues and maintaining quality standards. Reviewing performance against company standards.
- Category management, tendering and negotiation of supply agreements and contracts.
- Negotiating, managing and maintaining contractual and price agreements.
- Analysing key sector metrics to understand trends, translating them into continuous buying improvements.
- Gathering and analysing market data, reporting on findings to support category management & procurement.
This is a full-time office role.