Management Accountant ( Maternity cover)
Management Accountant ( Maternity cover - initially 6 months - full time 8.00-5.00 x 5)
(Location - Hare Hatch RG10 9ES on A4 between Maidenhead and Reading )
The purpose of the role is to assist the Financial Controller in all areas of accounting for GTO Engineering, whilst taking the lead role in preparing Management Accounts for its subsidiary Oakley EMS
The job holder will work alongside the Financial Controller, and 2 accounts assistants in a busy Finance office, aimed at ensuring a smooth and efficient accounting service is provided to GTO Engineering and its affiliated companies.
The role also deputizes for the Financial Controller in her absence.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- Preparation of monthly Management Accounts - P&L and Balance Sheet, to include journal postings by General Ledger, and full Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Credit Control, by e-mail and telephone to ensure timely collection and query resolution
- Cash Flow forecasting and monitoring of balances daily.
- Posting / reconciling credit cards and bank accounts.
- Supplier payments using on-line banking, including foreign currency payments.
- Sales ledger postings / up loads from OrderWise and Mapp (Sales Databases)
- Assist with Inter Company reconciliations.
- Processing of payroll and payments using the outsourced payroll provider
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Assist in the annual budget preparation process.
- Handle other ad hoc duties or projects as delegated by the Financial Controller.
Experience of working in a finance environment is vital as is experience of General Ledger, and double entry accounting.
Experience of taking accounts to Trial Balance would be advantageous.
Technical skills and specialized knowledge
It would also be an advantage to have some of the following
- Experience in using Xero accounting system
- MicroSoft Office applications - Word, Excel, Power-point, Outlook or equivalent
Educational attainment and qualifications
- Currently studying towards a recognized accounting qualification (AAT, ACCA, CIMA) or qualified by experience.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately with spreadsheets and accounts
- Comfortable working to deadlines.
- Confidence at dealing with people, and good at communicating in person, in writing and over the phone.
- Eye for detail
- Customer focus in a business, where customer service is critical to business success
- Peer relationships and ability to work as part of a team
- Flexibility and the ability to establish priorities and change them when needed.
- Exercising good judgement, honesty and discretion ( and a calm manner)
1. The role would ideally suit a self-starter who already has experience in preparing Management Accounts, or a Senior Accounts assistant looking to make the next move in their career, but already has sound knowledge of accounting and double entry book keeping
2. Our location is not well served by public transport so independent means of travel to work required .