Resource Direct Recruitment (RDR) is an internal recruitment for a global energy services and facilities management group. Our recruiting expertise spans across facilities management (hard and soft services), corporate, executive, sales, marketing, procurement, operations, manufacturing, engineering, finance, IT and HR. We pride ourselves in recruiting the best talent and offer insight on recruitment industry trends.
We have an exciting opportunity and require an outstanding Assistant Buyer to be based in Rotherham. This is a permanent full time role working 37.5 hours per week (Mon - Fri 08:30am - 16:30pm). On offer is a competitive salary.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
- Raise and place material and plant orders in accordance with standard company operating procedures
- Preparation of enquiry documents in accordance with requisitions and demand schedules
- Evaluation and clarification of quotations
- Maintaining / keep up to date price schedules and supplier data-bases
- Assist resolution of invoicing and accounting issues
- Administer the collation of data for production of regular Key Performance Indicators
- Assist in collating data for timely submission of group rebate claims
Knowledge and Skills for (Job Title)
- Knowledge of buying process and construction techniques and methods.
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings and specifications
- Potential for development - passion for developing career in construction procurement
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Works and fits in with team environment
- Reliable and versatile
- Self-motivated / applies initiative
- Ability to set priorities and work to deadlines
- Good communicator
- Ability to cope with pressure
- Behaves ethically / acts with integrity
- Computer literate MS Office, Evision
- Driving License
Qualifications & required Experience:
- Construction related qualification (ONC / HNC). Desire to work towards professional procurement qualification
Due to the high volume of applicants we will not contact unsuccessful applicants at screening process
For this role you must have evidence of right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. RDR do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.