Nursery Room Leader
Our client a lovely Nursery setting based in the Reading area is looking for a Nursery Room Leader to work with children aged 3 months - 5 years under the direction of the Nursery Manager/Deputy Nursery Manager.
Role responsibilities: -
- This role is to lead and manage a room, using initiative, excellent communication skills with sound knowledge and practice of the EYFS
- Be a key person and support other key persons, carrying out all related responsibilities in building relationships with a small group of children and their families
- Lead a team providing an emotionally secure warm stimulating and safe environment, appropriate to the educational and developmental needs of individual children
- Work in partnership with the Nursery Manager to plan and deliver effective daily management of the room, in accordance with policies and procedures and all relevant legislation governing the sector and OFSTED requirements Implement, encourage and promote high quality care for all children at all times by keeping them active, happy and nourished as well as playing a vital part in developing their educational, practical and social skills
- Actively promote the nursery’s Christian ethos amongst children, parents and employees
- Regularly review, develop and monitor the curriculum and activities available to children to ensure high standards of childcare/ education are maintained, providing a wide and varied range of activities for the children individually and as a group appropriate to their need’s, interests and developmental stages
- Contribute and continually progress towards outstanding child care and practice whilst maintaining and implementing high quality provisions according to the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- Promote communication and build relationships with children’s families
- Promote equality of opportunity and positive behaviour management strategies
- Ensure that each child’s well-being is met e.g. changing, feeding, washing and that they thrive in a safe, stimulating environment
- Safeguard all children in our care
- Attend team meetings, training and staff away days, Summer Fair, Christmas party etc. including out of work hours Maintain confidentiality at all times.
Skills & Education required: -
- Level 3 qualification or above in Childcare - NVQ, NNEB Diploma, DCE or BTEC
- Previous relevant experience working with children e.g. Level 3, Room Leader etc
- Sound knowledge of Early Years Foundation Stage
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Courteous, patient and helpful at all times within the work place.
Tigerlily Childcare are here to help you to make the right choice in your next career move - if you meet the criteria set above, or would like Early Years Career advice please apply. We recruit for Nursery Assistants, Nursery Nurses, Nursery Managers and Early Years Teachers plus many other roles specific to Early Years Childcare.